1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Traditional and Modern pairings

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by lobodelanoche, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Wurrwulf

Wurrwulf Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Thanks, James! I'll be honest: even with the Axis being a "Mini" it's still comically large for my everyday carry. The thick blade and obtuse edge angle on the D2 steel is great for zip ties, but not so much for my more delicate uses. I'm hoping to pick up a KME soon, so I think I'll reprofile it and see how it does. I am a sucker for the deep carry clip I put on it, too.

2. tomsch

tomsch Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2004
    Carrying both of these today. The primary reason for bringing back my small Insingo is due to the fact that I broke my thumb nail off so opening a traditional is a problem :(
    [​IMG]

3. Corn Fed

Corn Fed Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2017
    image.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  4. HST

HST

Apr 2, 2015
  5. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    First class cutlery Sir !!

HST likes this.
  6. Ironbut

Ironbut Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
  7. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    [​IMG]

tmd_87, willard0341, HST and 2 others like this.
  8. HST

HST

Apr 2, 2015
    @redsparow Thank you, sir.

@Ironbut One has to appreciate, when one finds a great personal combo.

@TheFactor Nice Stich. Who is the maker of your stockman or whittler?

9. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Thanks It’s a Tuna Valley
    [​IMG]

10. HST

HST

Apr 2, 2015
    @TheFactor Wow. Very nice. I really like it. They don’t get the attention they deserve.

What model is your ZT Emerson with N. Micarta scales? If you can’t say the name of scales out here, please PM.

Great combos lately.

TheFactor likes this.
  11. HST

HST

Apr 2, 2015
    Keeping on the city carry with my new Ti—Lock. It’s a fantastic knife and I like it for several aspects of function and form.

2C48F50F-0CF0-4338-AC69-A3988775B3A9.jpeg

12. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Thanks Buddy ! The stag on this tuna is simply amazing .
    The scales on the ZT 0630 are from Sixthreebladeworx and michael does some amazing work . These were made to order :thumbsup:
    Edit: Here’s a pic with a leather lanyard I made for it I think it matches really well :)[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  13. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Hey guys, Make sure you sneak a pic of your traditional knife in your posts too! Thanks!:thumbsup:

I've tied a couple of those noose knits this weekend. They really look good and do the job.
    The Dozier needs a black knot but all I had on hand was brown. I'll need to pick up some black leather boot laces.
    These knives are getting along fine.
    I edited the original image I posted to include the Kydex sheath that came with the Dozier.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    Ironbut, tmd_87, Gevonovich and 3 others like this.
  14. bonzodog

bonzodog Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 3, 2011
    [​IMG]

15. redsparrow

Oct 3, 2014
    Two very fine knives Gary and a knice knot, but your "2017 Blade of the Year" is so sweet it could cause cavities. o_O;)

16. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Thanks! I've got a dentist appointment coming up. I hope he doesn't find any cavities!

zolthar and HST like this.
  17. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    [​IMG]

zolthar, TheFactor, HST and 2 others like this.
  18. redsparrow

Oct 3, 2014
    @Peregrin I hope you get a cavity free report Gary. But the only way to guarantee a cavity free household is to get that knife a safe distance away. May I suggest somewhere such as Michigan? :D (green with envy but still smiling)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    Peregrin likes this.
  19. willard0341

willard0341 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2013
    F2346522-3EE1-4FC4-8BEE-59E4E9EC7FCB.jpeg I had to sneak in a pic of my new cup! Bday gift from relative. What a good looking group of knives you guys are posting

20. HST

HST

Apr 2, 2015
    @willard0341 Love your mammoth CRK. I really like that Ironwood #25 as well. I use the low-ball Yeti everyday.

willard0341 likes this.