Traditional and Modern pairings

Ready to tackle anything today, including some Beer, Sausage, or my beard.
i6GHC6G.jpg

I just got this Lionsteel Barlow...
I've had the Sheepsfoot version in Micarta, but I sold it because I wasn't fond of the lighter pull and 'snap' and Sheepsfoot blades aren't my favorite. Eventually I traded for another with the Spear blade and Wood handles, but it had the same lighter 'snap' and Spears aren't my favorite either. Truth be told, the 'snap' on both was probably acceptable but I prefer a more robust pull and I wasn't really feeling the knives. But curiosity got the best of me and I wanted to try one with a favorite Clip blade. This time I decided to embrace the "modern' and get it in Green G10. I'm very happy to say this one has a more robust pull and stronger 'snap' than the two previous ones. I'm also glad I went with the G10, now it doesn't feel like a modern knife trying to pass as a traditional, embracing what it really is supposed to be. This one will stick around for a while, super happy.

I just got this Lionsteel Barlow...
I've had the Sheepsfoot version in Micarta, but I sold it because I wasn't fond of the lighter pull and 'snap' and Sheepsfoot blades aren't my favorite. Eventually I traded for another with the Spear blade and Wood handles, but it had the same lighter 'snap' and Spears aren't my favorite either. Truth be told, the 'snap' on both was probably acceptable but I prefer a more robust pull and I wasn't really feeling the knives. But curiosity got the best of me and I wanted to try one with a favorite Clip blade. This time I decided to embrace the "modern' and get it in Green G10. I'm very happy to say this one has a more robust pull and stronger 'snap' than the two previous ones. I'm also glad I went with the G10, now it doesn't feel like a modern knife trying to pass as a traditional, embracing what it really is supposed to be. This one will stick around for a while, super happy.

I have the green G10 shuffler as well. I wasn’t sure I’d like it, but I soon noticed the texture tends to keep it upright and it stays put in the bottom of my pocket.

The Dragonfly is such a good knife.
I agree John. Being honest, it is capable of meeting 99% of my daily needs, but I often find myself carrying something a little bigger like a Delica or Mini Ritter strictly for the enjoyment of carry.

Back