Traditional and Modern pairings

A couple of old friends. The Benchmade from 2005 and the Canoe I got in 1996.
The venerable 710. Always a good choice. I have a user that's partially serrated with, I think ATS-34 steel. Tough knife. I also have one just like yours - M2HS - brand new in the box. I liked the original one, but regretted the partial serrations so I bought the, then new, M2 steel version. Then things changed and I seldom carried a knife that big and when I did, I just carried the original one, so the M2 never got used :rolleyes:

The venerable 710. Always a good choice. I have a user that's partially serrated with, I think ATS-34 steel. Tough knife. I also have one just like yours - M2HS - brand new in the box. I liked the original one, but regretted the partial serrations so I bought the, then new, M2 steel version. Then things changed and I seldom carried a knife that big and when I did, I just carried the original one, so the M2 never got used :rolleyes:
That’s pretty nice, Mike! I carried this one a good bit when I used to work. Not so much these last 10 years. They are good knives even though I think I would like it better if it wasn’t a recurve.

Which Spydie model is that?
It's a Para 3 Lightweight... with a Lynch titanium clip and a back spacer added.
For me, those two easy modifications make it the perfect EDC Modern.
The clip is way better looking and much more sturdy than the wire clip that comes with it.
I hated the plastic stand-offs, made the knife look cheap, so the back spacer hides those and i think it's become more rigid and attractive.

It's a Para 3 Lightweight... with a Lynch titanium clip and a back spacer added.
For me, those two easy modifications make it the perfect EDC Modern.
The clip is way better looking and much more sturdy than the wire clip that comes with it.
I hated the plastic stand-offs, made the knife look cheap, so the back spacer hides those and i think it's become more rigid and attractive.

V27LLYw.jpg

I use my traditionals way more too.
My moderns have become my "small fixed blade replacement", since my state doesn't allow fixed blade (FB) pocket carry.
Just like in days gone by, I reach for my slip joint first, but then pull out the modern (instead of a FB) if the task calls for something heavier.
Nice looking Bugout by the way... Titanium?
Thank you. Yeah I think I am just starting to appreciate the materials in traditionals a bit more and to be honest I just love the patina and character they take on. They also offer a lot of utility in a small package.

They are aluminum scales by aimfront on etsy.

Back