Traditional and Modern pairings

^^^^ as usual, Todd, a spectacular set of knives and photo of them. Love the recent Damascus blades you've shared (I need to get into that more myself…).

Oh man... this is what I love. So glad I found this thread! Old and new blending together in one pic and even sometimes in one knife!

imagejpg1_zps521a1356.jpg

you got good taste!

seeing the kardashi as the modern... :rolleyes:
49B01BD0-90BC-4C6B-B943-38E25018E5E3_zpsrt3aibau.jpg

Todd, I almost pulled the trigger to your kardashi's mate, and in my opinion....not modern, the kardashi is truly traditional and far out dates what many of us classify as traditional;)

Beautiful knives!!!

Ok, had to edit as I get what Todd was saying...that of the three the Kardashi is the modern in the picture:eek::D I'll blame my pain meds:p

Last edited:
Paul... you are awesome! Thank you. I do think you are right about the Kirdashi... they have been around a while. It almost like Paisley... making a "modern" comeback.

Todd, I almost pulled the trigger to
your kardashi's mate, and in my opinion....not modern, the kardashi is truly traditional and far out dates what many of us classify as traditional;)

Beautiful knives!!!

Ok, had to edit as I get what Todd was saying...that of the three the Kardashi is the modern in the picture:eek::D I'll blame my pain meds:p

Wow again Todd!!! The hits keep comin with your knives:thumbup: Nice "Slicer" by Rick;)

Would love to see your collection in one shot...that is if your camera has an extra wide lens:p

seeing the kardashi as the modern... :rolleyes:
49B01BD0-90BC-4C6B-B943-38E25018E5E3_zpsrt3aibau.jpg
Absolute beauties, all three, but that pic makes me want very much to add a Kiradashi to my collection, I can immediately envision it as a most useful blade, especially with woodwork, model building, and general work bench uses! Exquisite example you have there :thumbup:

Wow again Todd!!! The hits keep comin with your knives:thumbup: Nice "Slicer" by Rick;)

Would love to see your collection in one shot...that is if your camera has an extra wide lens:p

Thanks Paul... Maybe one good pic might be fun!

Absolute beauties, all three, but that pic makes me want very much to add a Kiradashi to my collection, I can immediately envision it as a most useful blade, especially with woodwork, model building, and general work bench uses! Exquisite example you have there :thumbup:

Thank you sir. I never imagined I would like this style of blade so much. i love it! I keep it in my boot and find my self reaching for it often. Very useful.

I just received my new Spyderco Farid K2 with the superest of super steels, CPM-10V, and paired it up with my first ever GEC, a burnt grizzly cut bone Big Jack.

K2BJ_zps6fa2d8b1.jpg~original

The trapperlock is the only "modern" folder I own, it is very convenient I must say to have a case trapper with a single blade and a clip. I rarely carry it though honestly

Back