Traditional Knife and Gun Picture Thread

Pàdruig

Reap What You Sow
Platinum Member
So I searched a bit for an existing thread with the following subject matter and came up empty, which I found somewhat surprising as I am sure like myself, many of you folks are not only knife enthusiasts and collectors but are also actively engaged in the shooting sports. Whether that be collecting, hunting, target shooting, self defense, or all of the above.

So without further ado, I would like to initiate a thread dedicated to displaying your traditional blades with traditional firearm accompaniment. I think it prudent to maintain the criteria set here for traditional knives and apply it to your firearms as well. If it would not look out of place in the 1950's-60's or even earlier than you should be good to go.

I think this thread could be a lot of fun so I will start things off with a couple pics of my own:

I think it is hard to beat a Winchester Model 94 and a Buck 119 for a good woods combo. Rugged, tough, but beautiful.

4eliPIB.jpg

Pictured below is a repro Colt Walker accompanied by a Schrade Stockman. Despite it being faux stag, I still think it looks rather nice with the pistol and leather. The gun belt/holster was one of my very first projects delving into leathercraft.

gx1hb7U.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry. I just saw the requirements. Got excited and didnt read fully.

Last edited:
Sorry. Just saw the requirements

Last edited:
Friend of mine posted this on FB today, loved it and had to steal it to share lol

16864828_604175087480_2666110924897512698_n.jpg

An 1858 Remington reproduction with a .44 conversion cylinder (this also fires black powder ball with the original cylilnder). Many of the original 1858's were converted to fire .44 cartridges after the U.S. Civil War and were popular in the American West. Pictured with a Remington Barlow. The smallest kid in the photo is me at the beginning of my Old West infatuation 99 years after the 1858's were first made.

Thank you all for the wonderful contributions, great pics of some fantastic pairings. I had hoped that this thread would have garnered more interest. After all, it is pairing two of my favorite things... I went ahead, though, and changed the title to something less ambiguous, my attempt at a clever play on words probably wasn't the best idea.

Hope to see more of everyone's knife and gun montages, I will take some more pics of my own soon.

One of my Ranchero models on a Ruger Old Model Vaquero in .45 Colt

MZDI8aF.jpg

And its Pancake sheath:

vewvrg5.jpg

An El Toro and a Marlin also in .45

pt5w1Px.jpg

Another El Toro with my BLR:

EEsdq1P.jpg

BBQ time:

moKTBvE.jpg

How about one of my Hunters and a Skinner with a .700 H & H Double rifle. Knives handled in walnut stock cut offs from the maker (Butch Searcy) of the rifle.

gUrZnXS.jpg

The Ruger Vaquero and a Tapadero knife in a Beltless sheath.

HyHjqrd.jpg

Back