Traditionals and Cast Iron Cookware

Here's the dip, before eating (in the after picture the only thing there was an empty and dirty skillet!) OH
Black-eyed-Pea-dip-1.jpg
:p:p:p:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::).

You're makin me hungry peanut!!! :)
This cast aluminum dutch oven was also a gift from my wayward friend.
I haven't used it yet and am curious to see how it differs from iron.
View attachment 1495247

Dave
Thanks Dave! :D My mom's preferred bean-cookin' pot was an aluminum Magnalite. It had some heft to it but not as heavy as the equivalent-sized iron. Let us know your thoughts when you do.

Fixed a venison stew the other night and my wife fixed some black-eyed pea dip (baked with cheese!) to go on crackers. I could hear my arteries snapping shut while I chewed! OH
Venison-stew-1.jpg

Venison-stew-2.jpg

Venison-stew-3.jpg
The stew looks mighty tasty and I love black-eyed peas. The dip looks interesting. :thumbsup:

I've been interested in seeing all the various cookware and recipes that have been posted on this thread..... I've been cooking with cast iron for the past 25 years..... Most of my pieces are Lodge, with an occasional Wagner or Griswold piece, or two...

One of my favorites is this 9" Lodge skillet.... It is perfect for 2-3 eggs, bacon, grilled cheese, hamburger, etc..... My wife and I like the pattern so well we bought 1 for our permanent campsite and one for the travel trailer plus this one we keep in the house... 20210122_105649.jpg

One of my favorites is this 9" Lodge skillet.... It is perfect for 2-3 eggs, bacon, grilled cheese, hamburger, etc..... My wife and I like the pattern so well we bought 1 for our permanent campsite and one for the travel trailer plus this one we keep in the house... View attachment 1495631
Love my #9 Lodge griddle. Also good for a pan of “cat head” biscuits :)
3CEB9108-0A92-4347-84EB-251140347B7C.jpeg

Beef shanks braised in the cast iron and then slow baked:

9y6hKF2.jpg

afoQ8n8.jpg

Couple of our own grassfed ribeyes:

lmXW6FK.jpg

On the Blackstone. Made that fork as part of a carving set years ago:

n9dzJUz.jpg

hcaIPvo.jpg

4MCZMmo.jpg

Couple of my knives manning the "Baby" Blackstone:

Q9oymOO.jpg

KZe7gWW.jpg

orO04oc.jpg
Ohhh yeah, a meat extravaganza there, I love it! Beautiful knives and country too!

EB896B7A-AF0B-43FC-A9A5-6775295F07A3.jpeg
Bacon and eggs this morning to go with those “cat head” biscuits. When just cooking for myself, I break out a #5 for bacon and a #3 is filled out perfectly with two eggs. Didn’t have a pocket knife on me so I used a J A Henckels paring knife to half the bacon.

Lots of great stuff lately folks... I've been remiss in responses due to business obligations. Cheeseburgers in the old Griswold tonight. @David Mary EDChef pulling kitchen duty again...

: Edited for a bunch of stuff...

Back