Traditionals and Cast Iron Cookware

Was just watching some Cowboy Kent, his latest recipe from last week, and then i started scrolling back through some recipes, decided to have an early lunch, one of his classics. Oklahoma fried onion burger with cheese and pickles.

t3eTXUj.jpg

HUu7O2Y.jpg

For those of you who like/follow Cowboy Kent his weekly recipe last week looked too good not to try. Dry brined pork chop with BBQ sauce. I tried it last night, did it in the oven and stove top, he did his in Big Bertha. One thing he got right, how juicy and moist the pork comes out, can recommend it.:p:p:p :thumbsup: .

VaWFB2r.jpg

This is after being in the oven, now finishing in Cast Iron brushed with BBQ sauce.

Ic3sgge.jpg

Having with home cut roast chips, salt and pepper.

Cooked some pancakes last week, used my pocketknife to cut around the new spout on the box (and said goodbye to the last of the old name mix and opened up the first of the new name mix - same mix). Knife was camera shy and didn’t show for the picture!! OH
Pancakes.jpg

Pancakes-old-new.jpg

Was just watching some Cowboy Kent, his latest recipe from last week, and then i started scrolling back through some recipes, decided to have an early lunch, one of his classics. Oklahoma fried onion burger with cheese and pickles.

t3eTXUj.jpg

HUu7O2Y.jpg
That really looks good to me! OH

Slim pickings for dinner in the Willis household this evening. We're due for a grocery trip, but I'm waiting on about 5 grand in receivables (anyone who thinks self employment is easy is wrong). So using some leftover pierogis, a ham steak, a bag of frozen peas and a little cheddar cheese I have created Wednesday nights dinner...1634166148351976472154.jpg

Slim pickings for dinner in the Willis household this evening. We're due for a grocery trip, but I'm waiting on about 5 grand in receivables (anyone who thinks self employment is easy is wrong). So using some leftover pierogis, a ham steak, a bag of frozen peas and a little cheddar cheese I have created Wednesday nights dinner...View attachment 1659790
Sometimes necessity makes us creative, and more inventive. This is how some of the iconic recipes were created. And your creative thinking looks the goods.:p:p:p

Spent some time cooking on the iron this week; a venison stew and a mixture of Zucchini and Summer squash. Fished when I wasn't cooking, eating or sleeping - the SAK ALOX Electrician has evolved into a perfect fishing pocketknife. OH
Venison-stew-10-11-21.jpg

Zucchini-squash-Summer-squash-10-12-21.jpg

Thanks, Bruce...
I made the mistake of posting the photo with a Buck 110 Slim Pro. It has a clip and thumb stud and was moved.
I apologize for that.

Back