TRAPPER TUESDAY

My first trapper, from an estate sale at an old farmhouse. Both points were broken.
POYXKvn.jpg

My least expensive trapper, and the best deal I ever saw in that case- $8.
Z2v9szr.jpg

So you're one of those guys that wears gloves when handling knives.
I see this all the time when surfing the Big Auction site, always wondered why?

Some people have very corrosive skin oils...... A chap at work would "fingerprint" every piece of metrology equipment he touched...... QC mandated that he wear gloves when using the equipment.....

TINY TRAPPER TUESDAY! Pretty petite pearl perfectly portrayed as you would expect from the Japanese. Hope you enjoy looking at this piece as much as I do!
JPEG_20200622_224345_2880878231094318618.jpg
JPEG_20200622_224125_3181170127543696269.jpg
JPEG_20200622_224206_2061807888493520133.jpg
JPEG_20200622_224254_4196160580611493292.jpg
If only you could feel the fit and finish and experience the walk and talk! Thanks for the privilege of sharing it with you all. T-A

S2eQx07.jpg

Camillus 716

Sticking with the "dainty" theme... Heh.

8PlE7sB.jpg

Schatt & Morgan F&W 4213T... He'll be keeping my #23s company when they get here..

wtzCgHT.jpg

And with the Quart Gunstock Trapper in (similar) wormgroove bone. I like the 'softer' cut on the #13 a bit better, but both are good. The big grooves always result in a bit of bolster melting when they polish them, but I still like it.

This is a made in Pakistan Trapper that's very special to me because my granddaughter bought it for me with her own money for Christmas several years ago.

LS4Zmxr.jpg
I would say that’s the first priceless trapper I’ve seen then!

Couple of Schrade Duck Stamp Trappers. One in ebony and one in "Red Bone", although it looks like brown to me ;) . In any case, I think the bone on this one is fantastic. The ebony one is extra nice too. Its not pitch black or streaky. More of a really dark brown with grain that can be seen up close and personal. The more I look at it, the more interesting it becomes. My poor attempts at photography do neither justice.
DuckTrappers small1.jpg

DuckTrappers small2.jpg
DuckTrappers small3.jpg DuckTrappers small4.jpg

We know about half Congress knives (real) and half whittlers (fake news), so... is this a half trapper?View attachment 1364647 View attachment 1364648 View attachment 1364649

I've seen an ad for a "half-trapper" before.. it was a 2 blade frame, normal trapper size, but the clip blade was moved over to the offside well and the shield side well had a little spear blade (pen blade, whatever you wanna call that guy).. cant remember if that was an old walden ad or something else... I have a trapper frame someone rebladed with a configuration like that, but its not factory honest, just a neat hack in an old trapper frame.

That's the one.. beautiful knife, boss.
I looked thru my old ebay bookmarks trying to find the catalog page I was talking about but no luck. I think thats where I saw it. Maybe the "half trapper" reference was the sellers input and it just got snagged in my brain.

Thats a hell of a nice sample.. love that old angled peach seed looking jigging on the old Schrade bone.

Back