Trifecta of Traditionals

Thanks redsparrow redsparrow and Will Power Will Power .

Trinity of swaybacks, my favorite gents EDC. Pictured with gold cufflinks my grandmother Lucile gave to my grandfather Clifford for their wedding 99 years ago. Inscription is in my grandfather's hand, $12.50 was a lot of money in 1921. He was a WWI Army vet, retired post office. Rural route carrier many years he loved the outdoors, taught me to hunt and fish. Also pictured is my grandmothers pinky ring, onyx with a small diamond, never saw her breathing when she didn't have it on. She was a light of genius, grew up in rural Missouri, her dad was killed when felling a tree when she was a toddler. Kicked up and caught him under the chin breaking his neck while her mom was carrying their 6th child, her little sister. Grandma could dance, sing, whistle like several birds, draw, rhyme off the cuff before rapping was ever a thought, make crust and homemade pies Betty Crocker would be envious of, was a card playing / domino machine who fried the squirrels I shot and catfish caught on homemade stinkbait. As a child, sat with her in church while my folks sang in the choir, was supposed to keep me quiet in church. As an adult, was proud to sit with her in church, even though her voice had changed and wasn't as sweet as it once was to my ears, but still precious to God's ears. Mom was an only child, so ended up caretaker of her folks few prized possessions. Hope ya'll enjoy the pictures and memories.

boseswaybacksandjewelry1.jpg

Great post! Thank you for sharing.

"new" (post 2004) saw cut Delrin. (for a "old"/pre-2004 saw cut Delrin example, please note the Schrade 7OT in the photo below.)
Or, if you prefer ... "A Trifecta of post 2018 - pre-2021 Old Timer's" :) (I think the 23OT "Scout knife" is a 08-2020 manufacture.)
View attachment 1472479

Does a trifecta of knives with blade patina count? (two USA, one offshore)
View attachment 1472480

Here's my trifecta of late 70's jacks. I so prefer the jack knife configuration that they used to build on the 07 frame to the new mini-trapper. For me, it's always hard to believe when holding these, that they were made when I was in high school - Van Halen and Ozzy (solo band) were new and Terry Bradshaw could throw the ball on a rope with a perfect spiral ...

YDjP51y.jpg

Last edited:
Back