• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

TRM Neutrons Come and Gone In a Quickness at Blade HQ

I've been wanting a Neutron for a few months now. I've been stalking their IG page and keeping up to date on how production was coming, shipping them out, etc. So I knew that Blade HQ would have them posted up either yesterday or today, had them on my wishlist so they'd e-mail me when they were available and all that stuff. With all the hype around these knives I suspected they would post on Instagram/Facebook when they'd be available.

Well last night at 6pm I happened to check the product page on Blade HQ (I had it bookmarked) and was surprised to find it in stock! Three seconds later I had my order in for a natural micarta scaled version. I checked the page again at 8pm, they were sold out of every color/scale variant they had. I'd love to know how many they had in total...

What was interesting is Blade HQ didn't announce when they would go live, and I never did get the e-mail telling me they were in stock.

So - if you have your eye on something coming soon at Blade HQ that may sell out, keep a close eye on it yourself and don't rely on the e-mail or any other announcement.

I'll report back once mine actually arrives sometime next week. I'm pretty stoked I got one!!

And since every thread is better with pictures ::

Three-Rivers-Manufacturing-Neutron-LL-Micarta-SW-BHQ-87264-jr.jpg

Well I'm happy you got one. A little ticked off now though. I was signed up to be notified when they would be available as well. I received no notification. Come to think of it I believe this happened to me with the Bladehq Inkosi as well. I guess thats not the most reliable feature on their site.

Well I'm happy you got one. A little ticked off now though. I was signed up to be notified when they would be available as well. I received no notification. Come to think of it I believe this happened to me with the Bladehq Inkosi as well. I guess thats not the most reliable feature on their site.

Bladehq dropped the ball on this one.

Three Rivers posted an explanation on their Instagram an hour ago: “Notifications are scheduled for evenings and Neutrons were already sold out so no notifications were sent.”

Maybe send them the night before?

Sounds like a totally broken notification system. "Sign up to not be told about the hot item you asked to be told about!"

Out of curiosity, why are these a hot item, though? What's the draw? I've never seen one in person, what's great about them?

Sounds like a totally broken notification system. "Sign up to not be told about the hot item you asked to be told about!"

Out of curiosity, why are these a hot item, though? What's the draw? I've never seen one in person, what's great about them?

By all accounts, it’s a very high-quality, thin/light folder with good steel and easily swappable scales that’s made in the US. It’s a framelock version of their Viator blade, which is a well-regarded slip joint.

By all accounts, it’s a very high-quality, thin/light folder with good steel and easily swappable scales that’s made in the US. It’s a framelock version of their Viator blade, which is a well-regarded slip joint.

Thanks. It looked like a run of the mill liner lock at a glance, but you make a pretty good sales pitch for it.

Last edited:
Three Rivers posted an explanation on their Instagram an hour ago: “Notifications are scheduled for evenings and Neutrons were already sold out so no notifications were sent.”

Maybe send them the night before?

Yeah BladeHQ should probably send notifications out the night before they upload to the site. I know knivesshipfree does that.

BladeHQ almost never notifies about wishlist items in my case and alot of others from what I've seen.

Bladehq dropped the ball on this one.

BladeHQ almost never notifies about wishlist items in my case and alot of others from what I've seen.

Honestly I feel that BladeHQ has dropped the ball on a number of things recently. Their return policy is okay I guess but it sounds like KnifeCenter's is better, plus many places now offer a loyalty program where you can earn some cash back. I tend to buy from those places over BladeHQ unless it's a BladeHQ exclusive. I'm glad you got The Neutron! By all accounts it's a great knife. I need to get my hands on one someday.

Bro! same thing happened with me and the Spyderco Smock! I paid the 5 dollar deposit and had the email notification on and the first batch came and went. What the heck man?!

Also, the Neutron looks so awesome. I'd love to have one.

BladeHQ has a terrible track record on sending out notifications. No one should ever count on them to do it. I've signed up for many of them and only received one or two at most.

TRM is a small manufacturer with a good social media following. Nick Shabaz did a review of the knife and it really took off. It's ground thin and cuts well. The changing of the scales is something I don't really care for as it makes the take down and reassembly more complicated but I wanted to try one of them and had signed up for the notifications.

BladeHQ has a terrible track record on sending out notifications. No one should ever count on them to do it. I've signed up for many of them and only received one or two at most.

That's good to know. This is the first time I've actually signed up for an email notification with them. I will be honest in that I typically order from other dealers with incentive programs and such.

I’m pissed about this. I follow TRM closely (have an Atlas, planning a Viator), signed up to be notified (didn’t happen) and I’ve been checking the BHQ site multiple times per day looking for it.

Good job Blade hq lol.

Great looking knife, but too small for me. Waiting on their Atom to drop.

I've been intrigued by this knife since the glowing reviews started popping up, but I kind of feel like a lot of my interest is because of the hype and I don't want to be disappointed.

By all accounts it looks like a great knife. Thin Blade, 20CV steel, USA made, titanium liners, etc...

It just seems like you're paying a really large premium for the titanium liners and easily swappable scales compared to something like a USA made M390 Kershaw Dividend for $80.

Tell me what I'm missing and talk me into it!

I received my Neutron a few days ago. I’m extremely happy with it. I ordered the micarta model and ordered a set of CF and jade G10 scales.

My Benchmade was the thinnest knife I’ve had until the Neutron, it’s crazy thin but feels great in the hand. The blades are sharpened by RJ Martin, mine came hair popping sharp. I’ve received plenty of super sharp factory edges before (thanks Spyderco) but the Neutron takes the cake. It’s so thin, so slicey. The action is great and smooth. The liner lock is very well designed, easy to access and disengage.

I’m not really a thumb stud person but these are extremely well designed. They are rounded and smooth on top but are milled halfway down, they catch my thumb beautifully yet are so comfortable in the pocket.

The blade is both gorgeous and very utilitarian. I prefer a blade where the tip is low and close to the edge.

The pocket clip is very well designed. It’s close to the end of the knife as possible and gives a great deep carry. It uses Benchmade screw holes, I put a Bugout clip on it and now it carries super deep.

Overall: it’s quickly become one of my favourite edc knives next to my Shirogorov Neon.

Back