Trying to warm up to my new Unique Graphic

it looks like onyx though. i have a hematite cabochon and it definitely has a more greyish color. plus i don't think i've ever seen hematite that dark. i'm curious to know if this was a custom, unique, or lisa's pick

heather, would you happen to know anything about this CRK?

Thanks all for checking it out. I think I'm on Chris Reeve overload....I think I hit my saturation point....too much enthusiasm too fast for such a great product. Going to put on the breaks now (I hope).

Still need that large and small plain regular! ;)

Prof.

김원진;9795017 said:
i'm curious to know if this was a custom, unique, or lisa's pick
This one didn't come with a card, so I'm uncertain. The stone is more greyish...I'll try to get a better pic.

Still need that large and small plain regular! ;)
Prof.
Maybe when I come back up for air :)

Thanks all for checking it out. I think I'm on Chris Reeve overload....I think I hit my saturation point....too much enthusiasm too fast for such a great product. Going to put on the breaks now (I hope).

To be honest I was wondering when you wee going to reach this point. i knew it was going to happen at the rate you were going. I'm glad your stopping because that will allow the rest of us to track down knives now.

I love the it as-is, without colors. Love the "zen" feel of it. It looks like a part of Japanse Byobu-e or traditional fan. I would have probably bought one if there was a lefty one.

김원진;9795017 said:
it looks like onyx though. i have a hematite cabochon and it definitely has a more greyish color. plus i don't think i've ever seen hematite that dark. i'm curious to know if this was a custom, unique, or lisa's pick

heather, would you happen to know anything about this CRK?

If I remember correctly, that knife was originally anodized. Someone sent it in had the entire face sandblasted. After receiving it, they didn't like the look and sent it back to us to have it turned into a reverse silver design. I believe they also had the cabochon added then too.

If I remember correctly, that knife was originally anodized. Someone sent it in had the entire face sandblasted. After receiving it, they didn't like the look and sent it back to us to have it turned into a reverse silver design. I believe they also had the cabochon added then too.

Thank you for the information on it Heather...poor knife can't get any love....I've decided to keep it a while, it's growing on me and I'm a sucker for the underdog.

Sounds like it comes with an interesting history. I honestly really like it as is. I tend to like simple though. It's one of the reasons I like CRK so much.

Actually, that is my favorite of all the artistic Sebs I've seen. Not only that, but it looks like the design would provide some awesome "grippyness".

Thank you for the information on it Heather...poor knife can't get any love....I've decided to keep it a while, it's growing on me and I'm a sucker for the underdog.

I think that is sweet! It is a nice design and definitely original. I'm amazed so many people here knew it was different. I think it is beautiful and hope it serves you well.

It reminds me of like a dragon or even the lochness monsters long neck, diving in the murky depths of a lake :)

That's what I'll name her, Lochness! Thanks for the idea ThievesLikeUs.
And thank you all for your impressions of my knife. It's very helpful to read other's impressions..helps to open my mind.

I think that is sweet! It is a nice design and definitely original. I'm amazed so many people here knew it was different. I think it is beautiful and hope it serves you well.

OK OK OK. Can we turn the corner and talk about some double-lug micarta ruggedness or Umnumzaan pivot strength or something like that? We need some knuckle dragging to balance out all this "sweetness".
sick0001.gif

....let me dig out some pic's of my NR Warrior batonning through a log or something......

;)

That's what I'll name her, Lochness! Thanks for the idea ThievesLikeUs.
And thank you all for your impressions of my knife. It's very helpful to read other's impressions..helps to open my mind.

Just curious, do you name all your knives? :D

Just curious, do you name all your knives? :D

Some get names...kind of like my "dog paws" knife...not really a name, but just a descriptor. I have a few Unique Graphics, so it helps to have them named for when you're asking someone in the house to hand you one..."Lochness" would be a good descriptor :p

Ok..did someone just use the word "sweet" on a knife forum. Heather, I know you are a lady but you just took some testosterone away from this forum.
Gotta go do some push ups, chop wood or something now.

Back