Photos Tue Blade Tuesday

JXdJjA6.jpg

I have two with me again today.... the (almost) ever-present bunny knife, and my stag 62 easy-pocket Congress knife. I've posted recent pics of the bunny, but I don't think I've posted many of the 62.... it's riding in the watch pocket this week..
This one and a whittler are (I think) the only ones I have left from the "full family" assembly I had of this model.... great knives.

62 stag mark.jpg
62 stag open pile.jpg

Recently given to me by a staff member. (she found it on the street somewhere. Her and her guy are "into" modern knives - flippers and such, so they never used it.

Circa 1916 to 1928 Challenge Cut Co.
View attachment 2461765
View attachment 2461767
I haven't decided yet if I'll carry it yet. TBH I'm leaning towards "not". The backspring has a lot of corrosion and pitting. I'm afraid it might break if but back in service. (blades are stainless.) Also, one of the liners MAY be bent. From what I've found online, Challenge was a mid-high rage quality brand. Therefore, that huge gap (clip point blade does wobble) is probably not a factory defect.
View attachment 2461768

glennbad glennbad Do you think this gap may be reparable without replacing the covers?

Recently given to me by a staff member. (she found it on the street somewhere. Her and her guy are "into" modern knives - flippers and such, so they never used it.

Circa 1916 to 1928 Challenge Cut Co.
View attachment 2461765
View attachment 2461767
I haven't decided yet if I'll carry it yet. TBH I'm leaning towards "not". The backspring has a lot of corrosion and pitting. I'm afraid it might break if but back in service. (blades are stainless.) Also, one of the liners MAY be bent. From what I've found online, Challenge was a mid-high rage quality brand. Therefore, that huge gap (clip point blade does wobble) is probably not a factory defect.
View attachment 2461768

glennbad glennbad Do you think this gap may be reparable without replacing the covers?

Yes, but probably no. The bent liners are bothering me. Trying to "straighten" them out may end up breaking something. I'm not sure why there is such a gap at the pin, so it may be possible to suck things in tighter without taking it apart. However, I don't think that would eliminate all the gap.

So much has changed since this limited 301 was produce, but not my affection for our 2018 Forum Knife.
Two sweet blades of high quality stainless CPM 154 steel wrapped in Elk Horn. I was beside myself when receiving it, and I'm just as thrilled today to be the caretaker of this one.

mSCmCs7.jpg

Back