Tweener Idea: BK18 the Becker/Jarosz

GeofS

“Nostra-bladus”
Gold Member
Fellas,

This just hit me as I’ve recently picked up the Jarosz family of Ka-bars. They’re quality knives.

My idea is sort of along the same lines as the Eskabar.

In my mind, if the Eskabar could get done between two companies, then Ka-bar could make this happen too. Heck, it should be easier for them to do this.

Take Ethan’s wonder tweener grip and put it on a knife with a Jarosz style blade!

Here’s the BK16 with the Globetrotter:
AAs4pCK.jpg

Now my crappy non-digital mock-up:
Acu0I4o.jpg

Looks nice! Maybe they could even make the blade a bit longer.

I’d buy it! Anyone else?

I wouldn’t personally, it reminds me too much of the bk17 which is the 1/3 tweeners i dont own. I dig the creativity and those magenta scales though!

Meshach, I can see the resemblance but it’s more of a swedge than a clip point. To each his own though. Also, I can’t find a 17. Lol

Meshach, I can see the resemblance but it’s more of a swedge than a clip point. To each his own though. Also, I can’t find a 17. Lol
Definitely different, just too similar for me to jump on it. Never liked the looks of the 17 myself. Some people love em!

I don't think Kabar can just stick BK grips on something in their lineup...and their doing so certainly wouldn't make it a Becker.

As for that knife, it's marginally improved by the BK scales; but Ethan would have to breathe some serious magic on it for me to even give it a second look.

I was thinking about cutting down a 16 to something in that size. The thing that stopped me was a TM Hunt magua. For me it was the perfect bridge between the bk11/14 and bk16.

I really like that mock-up tho. Would love a new tweener with a smaller blade.

I was thinking about cutting down a 16 to something in that size. The thing that stopped me was a TM Hunt magua. For me it was the perfect bridge between the bk11/14 and bk16.

I really like that mock-up tho. Would love a new tweener with a smaller blade.

I’ll ditto that. A smaller blade in the tweener size would be sweet (no top swedge though).

I know I’m grasping at straws here, I just really want another tweener.

Also, seriously, the globe trotter isn’t a crappy blade. I’d encourage you guys to check it out.

All good, knice stuff.

Cab we bring back the BK-15 ... in any size, shape or color that the masses will buy so that us faithful can have it back in production.
Not until the price rises to 3X what I paid for it!!!! Lol. Just joking my 15 is priceless to me:thumbsup:

Not until the price rises to 3X what I paid for it!!!! Lol. Just joking my 15 is priceless to me:thumbsup:

Prices are already double what the close-out prices were.
We get 200+ pieces pre-sold and I'll bet we would be able to convince Ka-Bar to make a limited run or Premium Line BK-15s ... maybe in higly polished D2 (or 1095 CroVan).

Ohh, a Heimo Roselli axe/hatchet!
Never seen one of those before :thumbsup:
His knives are more familiar to me though.

Last edited:
Ohh, a Heimo Roselli axe/hatchet!
Never seen one of those before :thumbsup:
His knives are more familiar to me though.
It's the axe model. The hatchet is identical, with a 14" handle, the axe with an 18" handle, haha. Figured I could always choke up.

All good, knice stuff.

Cab we bring back the BK-15 ... in any size, shape or color that the masses will buy so that us faithful can have it back in production.

BRKT interestingly enough released a choiled Persian in exotic steel

Booooo BRKT

I'd pass on a new bk15 from kabar. I'd find a custom maker to make it in a super steel. The way the prices are going it may soon be justifiable. Especially if you keep the bolt on scale.

That tween-gua looks sick. That may be worthy of a custom.

Back