Tweener Idea: BK18 the Becker/Jarosz

Booooo BRKT

I'd pass on a new bk15 from kabar. I'd find a custom maker to make it in a super steel. The way the prices are going it may soon be justifiable. Especially if you keep the bolt on scale.

That tween-gua looks sick. That may be worthy of a custom.

full circle :D Blackjack made the Magnum Camp...

any custom maker that copies a BK15 and sells it without blessing will be speaking to a lawyer i should imagine

make it yourself? i'm sure that's cool. just don't sell it.

Just perusing this thread, the only consensus I can see is that we all would be happy with a new tweener.:thumbsup:

full circle :D Blackjack made the Magnum Camp...

any custom maker that copies a BK15 and sells it without blessing will be speaking to a lawyer i should imagine

make it yourself? i'm sure that's cool. just don't sell it.

Haha full circle indeed. It's odd to think we didn't actually get any new knives from Ethan during the blackjack days. The machax campanion and ditul were made before in Cincinnati, the brute magnum camp and RBK was just Ethan's handle.

And certainly I'm not saying one should make and sell multiple bk15 copies. I was only implying a one time build for personal use that of course should have Ethan's blessing.

Cab we bring back the BK-15 ... in any size, shape or color that the masses will buy so that us faithful can have it back in production.
How many BK-15s does a person need to have stashed, SALTY? Or, maybe I should rephrase...how many do you want to have stashed?? (I'm not sure that I buy into the idea that you simply didn't get around to grabbing even one while they were available)

My patina is getting a lil scratched up grinding this 16. I'm going to drop the angle back a bit tomorrow strip the blade and hot sauce it. It has a vinegar/mustard on it right now.:thumbsup:

Ok got my 16 were I want it. I went with a more polished finish. My wife always says, isnt that your deer skinning knife??? Get that nasty ass knife out of the kitchen lol Now I camouflaged it. No honey my deer skinning knife was round and dark grey this one is shiny and pointy lol
I figured if its going to be stabby I will also make it slicey. I reprofiled the edge from 20º convex to 15º Stupid Scary sharp!!!!!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/153781516@N05/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/153781516@N05/

guys, if you are bent on a design and are already grinding down steel... get some steel from Aldo, add a couple more tools/elbow grease and make your own knives! modding BKs is what started me down that road, and it sure is a fun as hell hobby. I'll still buy whatever grabs my fancy coming from Olean, but I look at a lot of knives to get ideas and cues from; stuff that I like gets drawn and erased out on paper until I'm satisfied, then go ahead and grind it. Just yesterday, 17 blades were sent to Peter's, and at least 3 of them will stay with me.

Last edited:
and just yesterday I got complements on the gaucho knife you made me!

that might break the forum - the guy who was drooling over it is even uglier than me!

guys, if you are bent on a design and are already grinding down steel... get some steel from Aldo, add a couple more tools/elbow grease and make your own knives! modding BKs is what started me down that road, and it sure is a fun as hell hobby. I'll still buy whatever grabs my fancy coming from Olean, but I look at a lot of knives to get ideas and cues from stuff that I like gets drawn and erased out on paper until I'm satisfied, then go ahead and grind it. Just yesterday, 17 blades were sent to Peter's, and at least 3 of them will stay with me.

I’m getting close to this, really just need to find space in my garage. After getting hooked on Forged in Fire, my wife is all for it and would like to try her hand at it too.

that might break the forum - the guy who was drooling over it is even uglier than me!
nah, just wanted to see the knife again, not the drooler :D

Fellas,

This just hit me as I’ve recently picked up the Jarosz family of Ka-bars. They’re quality knives.

My idea is sort of along the same lines as the Eskabar.

In my mind, if the Eskabar could get done between two companies, then Ka-bar could make this happen too. Heck, it should be easier for them to do this.

Take Ethan’s wonder tweener grip and put it on a knife with a Jarosz style blade!

Here’s the BK16 with the Globetrotter:
AAs4pCK.jpg

Now my crappy non-digital mock-up:
Acu0I4o.jpg

Looks nice! Maybe they could even make the blade a bit longer.

I’d buy it! Anyone else?

Guess You kinda Called It? haha

Back