Two Cheezeburgerz and a large SNARK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got around to ordering my G Code holster for one of my Sigs. Looks like a 4-6 week wait, I've got time.

In tonight's episode of FML Theater, I have 2 sheared off lug bolts on my driver side front wheel. Got a 2 hour wait till the tow truck gets here, and I have a ribeye at home(with loaded mashed potatoes, and garlic bread) that I'm not going to get to eat tonight!

My parents didn't drink it, so I guess that's why I never did. There wasn't even a coffee pot in our house. I love the smell of a freshly opened can of coffee, but just don't care for the taste of it.

My dad did, my mom not....same for alcohol....I loved coffee ice cream ever since I was a kid, but back then it was solely a New England thing, like coffee milk (like chocolate milk only mildly coffee flavored) but never drank coffee. Cut to my 2nd daughter being born...

I have drank coffee a few times here and there but never cared for it. I like my drinks ice cold. Now some of the iced coffee stuff ain't too bad.... Still prefer an ice cold Pepsi though.

....and I almost NEVER drank hot drinks of any kind, with the exception of a very occasional hot chocolate. But I was a fan of Mountain Dew, stopped drinking the caffeinated stuff because of some heart palpitations (did you even know they made no caffeine MD?) and then discovered iced coffee at Dunkin' Donuts. As long as there's creamer and sugar to take the edge off the bitterness, I drink it iced (almost) every day, even in the dead of NH winters. To my FIL I'm the biggest blasphemer on the planet: "you don't really like coffee if you put cream and sugar in it!" (but then again, he puts hot sauce on, quite literally, EVERYTHING) but I don't care. I'm OK with drinking it sweet and creamy, and I drink a LOT less calories now because I have one (OK it's a large) in the morning and then water and/or iced tea instead of powering down the Dew all day. If only there was an invention that would get the caffeine into me about an hour before the alarm clock goes off, I'd quit drinking coffee altogether.

Yea i drink caffeine free pepsi these days as well for the same reason.

But i also put hotsauce on just about everything LOL

Asked the wife to start picking me up decaf green tea so i can reduce the sugar amount im getting. I plan to stop drinking as much pepsi. Even of the caffeine free stuff ill easily finish a 2 liter a day and im the only one drinking it here. I plan to go from drinking pepsi all day to just at dinner and going with green tea and water the rest of the day.

Asked the wife to start picking me up decaf green tea so i can reduce the sugar amount im getting. I plan to stop drinking as much pepsi. Even of the caffeine free stuff ill easily finish a 2 liter a day and im the only one drinking it here. I plan to go from drinking pepsi all day to just at dinner and going with green tea and water the rest of the day.

And the older you get (at least for most people), the less you really want to be drinking all those high fructose corn syrup calories. That's one thing the caffeine free versions still have...all the calories. Another reason why I switched to coffee....I wish I could drink it black, as it's virtually calorie free, but I have tried and don't really want to "develop a taste" for it. I can drink it without the cream in a pinch, but not the sugar.

And the older you get (at least for most people), the less you really want to be drinking all those high fructose corn syrup calories. That's one thing the caffeine free versions still have...all the calories. Another reason why I switched to coffee....I wish I could drink it black, as it's virtually calorie free, but I have tried and don't really want to "develop a taste" for it. I can drink it without the cream in a pinch, but not the sugar.

go for cream-only if you can. forget that lowfat crud. half&half cuts coffee pretty well. much healthier calories. and of course 'fat free' half&half is just skim milk with a pile of sugars and thickeners thrown in. yeah THAT's a good idea...

and high fat dairy has less lactose by volume too, because you're displacing the carbs/sugars (lactose is a sugar) with milkfat.

Im not worried about weight so much, id love to gain 10-15 pounds if distributed properly (not just in my gut) But at 30 years old with borderline high cholesterol already and a low appetite (unless its rice i can eat TONS of rice, i LOVE rice like an asian LOL ) I dont think ill be gaining the weight any time soon since it seems rice and soda is bad for cholesterol...

Trying to get healthy for me means trying to reduce sugar and starch and GAIN weight without raising cholesterol. Difficult task.

Speaking of getting healthy, Torpedoes away!

14998159149_4c504d318f_b.jpg

....and I almost NEVER drank hot drinks of any kind, with the exception of a very occasional hot chocolate. But I was a fan of Mountain Dew, stopped drinking the caffeinated stuff because of some heart palpitations (did you even know they made no caffeine MD?) and then discovered iced coffee at Dunkin' Donuts. As long as there's creamer and sugar to take the edge off the bitterness, I drink it iced (almost) every day, even in the dead of NH winters. To my FIL I'm the biggest blasphemer on the planet: "you don't really like coffee if you put cream and sugar in it!" (but then again, he puts hot sauce on, quite literally, EVERYTHING) but I don't care. I'm OK with drinking it sweet and creamy, and I drink a LOT less calories now because I have one (OK it's a large) in the morning and then water and/or iced tea instead of powering down the Dew all day. If only there was an invention that would get the caffeine into me about an hour before the alarm clock goes off, I'd quit drinking coffee altogether.

I tend to agree with your FIL on this issue. Although in the interest of full disclosure, I do like the occasional shot of hazelnut in my coffee, as well as a good cappuccino on special occasions. I do go for the decaf if it's much past noon though, otherwise I don't sleep. Black coffee is an acquired taste though, just like beer, but too much of what passes for coffee in this country is just dark, bitter water. You'll never like black coffee unless you find a good, smooth roast and brew it yourself. I'm partial to Sumatran coffees, which are usually roasted dark for lots of flavor, but are smoother rather than bitter.

Forum is acting up again on my end.

Same here.

True, but I don't care as much as I've been Torpedoed and I'm drawing:

15185049905_b8220ce69c_b.jpg

It's no LHR, but it's surprising what you can squeeze out of the steel in a BK-7:

14998409930_0954e282f5_b.jpg

I tend to agree with your FIL on this issue. Although in the interest of full disclosure, I do like the occasional shot of hazelnut in my coffee, as well as a good cappuccino on special occasions. I do go for the decaf if it's much past noon though, otherwise I don't sleep. Black coffee is an acquired taste though, just like beer, but too much of what passes for coffee in this country is just dark, bitter water. You'll never like black coffee unless you find a good, smooth roast and brew it yourself. I'm partial to Sumatran coffees, which are usually roasted dark for lots of flavor, but are smoother rather than bitter.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the taste of good coffee and have had Sumatran, although I find most Central American coffees (Costa Rican in particular) to be rounder and sweeter in flavor....but I still haven't developed a taste for it black. Besides, my FIL is a duplicitous gourmand, simultaneously claiming that coffee should ONLY be drunk (drinked?) unadulterated then slathering any hot sauce he can find onto inarizushi I spent two hours making.....plus he's never even boiled water - if it doesn't come out of a window or is made for him, he'd go hungry. Me, I think cooking is like tying your own shoelaces; how can ANYONE not be able to make an egg, fer crying out loud! Would you trust a food critic who can't (and I really mean can not) cook? Plus, he's never complained about my coffee. I always brew it XX-strong...cause I know I'm going to be icing it.

All this talk about coffee...blech....

My first exposure to coffee was around age 5 - my mother and all her coffee klatch friends were drinking coffee and munching cookies etc. I asked to try their coffee. I took one sip, spit it out and (according to my mother's report down the road) said "That tastes like pig poop." (My grandfather raised hogs, among other things.)

I got my tail paddled. Not for the pooh word, but for spitting the coffee on the floor.

I have NEVER drank even one sip of coffee since, and really can't stand the smell of it. Even after 20 years in the Navy.

Cool drawing gsom. :thumbup:

Get to work GSOM, im ready to see that thing come to life :D

Im also doing a little drawing, but nothing as fancy as you. I want something not too difficult to start with while i learn to grind and im working up what ill be trying to make first.

Rough sketches.
15162534566_bb58f726b7.jpg

Dang C-bear, that sucks.

In on 21 but I'm not done!

So I'm at work doing my patrol and I stop next to this old ware house that isn't being used anymore and get out of my truck to take a wizz. As I'm standing there, mid-stream, the door on the warehouse starts rattling a little bit so I get done and flip on the alley light to see a skunk trapped between the door and a chain link gate over the door way. He had his tail up and was trying to get out of there but never sprayed. Luckily for me they're not trigger happy with that stuff.

Also, in my apartment in the master bathroom there's a spot in the ceiling that has been patched. Not a big deal they did an OK job. But at the very end of July right before I went on vacation I noticed a small spot of mildew in the area so I figured there was a water leak in the apartment above mine that had returned. So I told the gal working in the main office when I dropped off the rent right before I went on vacation hoping it would all be taken care of by the time I got back. They even sent a guy out within an hour to look at it. Well it never got fixed and over the weekend the patched section got so waterlogged it actually fell down so there is a huge hole in my bathroom ceiling, a big mess and a nasty, moist, funk in there. And just to top it off I sleep during the day when you'd expect people to be fixing that so I had to move my mattress and a bunch of other stuff into the extra bedroom I've been trying to rent out since I moved in in perpetration for that whole charlie foxtrot to get fixed, whenever that is since nobody answered the phone in the office and I had to leave a voicemail. In the morning when the office opens I'm going to go in there and make them send a maintenance guy over ASAP to get things moving.

Last edited:

WW,

To help cut the sugar out, you might try "making" your own soft drinks. Either in a glass of water or a bottle of water, I add about an ounce of lemon and/or lime juice and a packet of stevia.

The stevia is a natural sweetener (not a man-made chemical like saccharine, splenda, etc) and only about 5 calories per package. The citrus flavored water is easier for me to tolerate than "plain" water in quantities and made it easy for me to drop sodas from my diet entirely. I've probably had less than 10 sodas in the last 2 years, after I weaned myself off them. I also carry stevia packets in a sandwich bag for when I eat out, so I don't need to use the fake sweeteners in my tea.

I suppose you could also use any type of juice - cranberry, orange, grapefruit, etc as long as it was "just juice" no HFCS added to vary the flavors. I just stay w/ lemon and lime juice.

Thanks for the tip ZZ, ill look into it. Never tries stevia before that i remember.

on another note.... It irks me when people talk so much crap about products just because they are made or come from china and other countries.. I understand wanting to support the US, and US businesses and i understand having issues with low quality or cheaply made products but thats not always the case. Some people act like JUST because its a chinese made product its automatically a bad product and they have never given it a chance. If people want to hate that much they need to throw away their cell phones, TVs, cars, HOUSE and all because somewhere in there is products made from china, japan, mexico, etc.

End rant.

Thanks for the tip ZZ, ill look into it. Never tries stevia before that i remember.

on another note.... It irks me when people talk so much crap about products just because they are made or come from china and other countries.. I understand wanting to support the US, and US businesses and i understand having issues with low quality or cheaply made products but thats not always the case. Some people act like JUST because its a chinese made product its automatically a bad product and they have never given it a chance. If people want to hate that much they need to throw away their cell phones, TVs, cars, HOUSE and all because somewhere in there is products made from china, japan, mexico, etc.

End rant.

I'm right there with you. Personally, I'm not overly concerned with where a product is made. People in other countries gotta eat too and no country can be totally self sufficient, or at least they're better off economically if they aren't. I don't know how many times I've had to defend the Ka-Bar knives made in Taiwan like the Heavy Warthog or LHB. They think it's physically impossible to get a good product out of any country other than the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back