Two New Hunt Patterns - Names Please

I always liked the word "makwa". It's a Shawnee Indian word meaning bear. But since you already have a magua, I guess it would be kind of redundant. Unless perhaps it was similar to a magua, then you could have the makwa and the magua.

I'm still curious when there's is going to be one named, "Murphy's Law" Perhaps that could be the Bowies nickname.

big clip(point) = Mag or magnum
warren cliff + sheep's foot= shif. I gonna shif ur bowls mofo. sound like shiv too.
waves two fingers and says. This fool was never here.

I guess I've ignored this thread long enough and owe you guys a explanation on why these two pattern haven't been named.

I only like to name the patterns that I'm specifically going to make/sell a lot of, and while no two handmade knives are the same. The intention is to at least get the blanks as exact as possible. That way, when you order say a Yuma, once you decide on handle options you pretty much know what your getting. I have not decided if im going to add these two patterns to my regular line up or not, and heres why:

The clipped Yuma as the working title has been. Is frankly a real pain in the ass. Its a knife that is really a specific task knife. As much as I like the Yuma, it is more of a utilitarian blade. Good for all things really. The clipped version is specifically for hunting and skinning applications. I think its a fantastic knife for that, but, I'm limiting who is going to buy it. That coupled with the hollow grind that is very difficult to get to look that good makes it something that is just not very fun to do.

The little 3X3 that it has been called. (Roughly 3in blade/3in handle) is something that just made out of cutoff scraps and no two are alike. Some are a little longer, some shorter, some thicker stock than others, some flat, some hollow ground. Polished, brushed. There's no consistancy on what they are. It just depends on what there is to work with. So, if someone was to order one, you wouldn't really know what your going to get. So, I haven't named it and just offer them when I have them available.

That's just about the just of that.

If you ever make that 3x3 in a 4x4 I want one.!** I had a Knife something like that one at one time but I was staying at a Hunting Lodge and during the night somebody liked it more than I did and I am sure glad I never found out { but it had a 3 1/2" Blade and 4 1/2" Scales and as I have big hands and that Knife was a dream.!** } It just came in handy for just about everything I came across.* Oh well ~~ if you make one please let me know.** (( Talon )) does sound good though.
Thx.

Wolf-man, Todds Magua is close, and you could probably get him to make one with a Wharncliff style blade

The little 3X3 that it has been called. (Roughly 3in blade/3in handle) is something that just made out of cutoff scraps and no two are alike. Some are a little longer, some shorter, some thicker stock than others, some flat, some hollow ground. Polished, brushed. There's no consistancy on what they are. It just depends on what there is to work with. So, if someone was to order one, you wouldn't really know what your going to get. So, I haven't named it and just offer them when I have them available.

Based on that explanation, I'd call the little guys "The Scrapper X Series", generically described as "a wharncliffe style blade of varying blade geometries made from custom knife remnants, each knife being as unique as the remnant from which it was carved." A Scraper X would a blade X to X.999", e.g., a Scrapper 3 would be any Scrapper with a blade length of 3.xxx"

Expanding your marketing options, --
"Scrapper WX", for a wharncliff scrapper,
"Scrapper CX" for a clip point,
"Scrapper DX", for a drop point,
"Scrapper TX", for a tanto point
"Scrapper SX" for a spear point

with the point style based on what could be most easily made out of the scrap piece available.

No thanks necessary for this moment of marketing genius, just a prototype of each point style in each length from 3 to 6 inches, to start my "TM Hunt Collectible Blades" display. :D:D:D

Based on that explanation, I'd call the little guys "The Scrapper X Series", generically described as "a wharncliffe style blade of varying blade geometries made from custom knife remnants, each knife being as unique as the remnant from which it was carved." A Scraper X would a blade X to X.999", e.g., a Scrapper 3 would be any Scrapper with a blade length of 3.xxx"

Expanding your marketing options, --
"Scrapper WX", for a wharncliff scrapper,
"Scrapper CX" for a clip point,
"Scrapper DX", for a drop point,
"Scrapper TX", for a tanto point
"Scrapper SX" for a spear point

with the point style based on what could be most easily made out of the scrap piece available.

No thanks necessary for this moment of marketing genius, just a prototype of each point style in each length from 3 to 6 inches, to start my "TM Hunt Collectible Blades" display. :D:D:D

I like your enthusiasm and creativity, however, I (and a few others like me) might have issues with those names. Specifically the blade shape indicators. It is a well known fact that people will tend to make words out of acronyms, so they aren't always saying the letters. Military folks specifically, some examples are; SAW (Squad Automatic Weapon), LAW (Light Anti-Tank Weapon). That being said; when I saw those blade shape indicators all I could really see was: WaX, CoX, DiX, TaX and SeX.

Just sayin' :)

Yeah, but the Xs would be replaced by the appropriate #, so they'd be S3, T4, W5, D3, etc. :)

I guess I've ignored this thread long enough and owe you guys a explanation on why these two pattern haven't been named.

I only like to name the patterns that I'm specifically going to make/sell a lot of, and while no two handmade knives are the same. The intention is to at least get the blanks as exact as possible. That way, when you order say a Yuma, once you decide on handle options you pretty much know what your getting. I have not decided if im going to add these two patterns to my regular line up or not, and heres why:

The clipped Yuma as the working title has been. Is frankly a real pain in the ass. Its a knife that is really a specific task knife. As much as I like the Yuma, it is more of a utilitarian blade. Good for all things really. The clipped version is specifically for hunting and skinning applications. I think its a fantastic knife for that, but, I'm limiting who is going to buy it. That coupled with the hollow grind that is very difficult to get to look that good makes it something that is just not very fun to do.

That's just about the just of that.

so this whole thread has just been you guys playing with our emotions? Shame Shame Shame!!! ;)

Back