U.S. source for Traser glow rings?

Hi Soa,

A Firesteel is an flintsteel a rod of Ferrocium which is a concoction of different rare metals that when mixed together and formed into a rod will throw very hot sparks when scrapped with a metal striker, glass scarff, piece of rock etc.

The Flints used in a Zippo lighter to produce the sparks are miniature Ferrocium rods (so miniature Firesteels ;) )

Firesteels is the name given by Light-My-Fire Sweden (http://www.light-my-fire.se ) to their Ferrocium flintsteels.

Our Scouting group just received a large batch of them and we're selling the extra's we had to order to get a decent pricing to fellow Forumites, we don't have to many left but if you're interested let me (us) know, they are $10 including normal Airmail or $11 with Priority Airmail.

Best Scouting wishes from Holland,

Bagheera

Originally posted by Sidewinder
IMHO, I'm gonna say Green, Ice Blue, dark blue, Yellow. [/QUOT
E]

Nope. Yellow is second brightest (I have a full set). Dark Blue is way too dim for most purposes except for being itself a cool color. I personally don't like the yellow color though.

I'm gonna say; green, dark blue, yellow, ice blue. And I have several sets as well.

Originally posted by stjames
I'm gonna say; green, dark blue, yellow, ice blue. And I have several sets as well.

You gotta be kidding me! You can't be saying dark blues is brighter than ice blue... :eek:

Anyways from Traser:

The relative brightness of other colours compared to green are as follows :

Green 100 % - Yellow 80% - White 60% - Orange 50% - Red 25% - Blue 20%

:rolleyes:

Wow just got 2 today! Man are they great, and what a pleasure Piet is to deal with. Total no hastle no sweat transaction!
Tomorrow I will take a daytime pic and a night time pic and make them into one image, so people get the understanding of what they are. Kinda hard to figure out how neat these things are without a daytime pic.

Hmmm now that I have 2 green Think I need a blue one. At anyrate I will get a pic up tomorrow night sometime.

A big thankyou to Piet, easyest internet deal I have ever done.

Now that you mention it, this was also the easiest internet transaction I've ever had, too. Piet (Bagheera) is great to do business with.

Thanks, Piet.

I also want to give a big thumbs up to trasers. These are very, very nifty.

Regarding the debate over which is brightest, I think you guys need to define your terms before you can come to a meaningful conclusion. One possible definition of brightness could have to do with the number of photons emitted by the traser. Another possible definition of brightness is what looks brightest, which has more to do with the sensitivity of the retinas of the viewer to that particular wavelength of light. Different people can vary markedly in their sensitivity to particular wavelengths (a large percentage of people has some minor degree of color-blindness, for example). Thus, if the debate is about apparent brightness, as opposed to actual brightness, the answer can truly be different for some than for others.

Back