UK Convention !!

Originally posted by MauiRob
Eikervaering's in Norway.

Maybe a new thread titled "calling all European forumites, please respond!" might do the trick.

Good luck. Wish I could make it! Man, how I'd like to photograph about a million places in the UK!

Hmmm... me and a bunch of khukuri nutcases in the UK? Sounds like an interesting safari!

But unfortunately I am currently completing my thesis and I am not sure if it will be finished by September. If I finish before September however I have already promised myself and some friends to travel to the Atacama desert of Chile to see the blossoming of the desert in Norte Chico. It only happens every 5. year because of El Niño, and this year we have El Niño and the desert will blossom in September.

So that rules me out. Have fun and don't cut yourself!

I've already got a blacksmithing course booked for Saturday 21st, but I can make it on the Sunday. I hope we can get it organised OK. This was a good idea of yours Brendan :).

Duncan

I'll email some of the folks in Europe and see how many we can round up. We can round up a few Nepalis to attend, too. Might even get them to bring some Nepali food.:barf:

I hope it does, it would be great to meet you uncle and the other forumites !!

Brendan

Count me in for this - I'm a fan rather than an owner as yet, but will be purchasing* as soon as some kindly individual emloys me...

Steff

*Thinking in terms of an 18" AK for me and a Kumar Karda as a gift for my mother - she's a convert to non-stainless knives in the kitchen since I gave her old Opinel (replaced by a couple of Benchmades)

...you mean theres enough khukri fans in the UK to warrant a convention? I love the idea :)

. . .but 21st Sept? Bad for me. I'm getting married on the 14th and am going travelling 'till January.

It would be great if it does come to fruition, suppose we'll have to leave it in the hands of the gods.

Back