Update

OK fellas. As promised. Pics of Scandi Fiddlebacks!! Models are the Ladyfinger, and the Bushcrafter.

scandi100_0908-vi.jpg

scandi100_0907-vi.jpg

scandi100_0912-vi.jpg

scandi100_0910-vi.jpg

Plus more pics of the Convex-Sabregrind.

scandi100_0906-vi.jpg

scandi100_0904-vi.jpg

Oh. Somebody wanted to see this POS. Not my invention. I copied Dan Koster, and Brian Andrews. Its a 12.5 degree wedge of cherry that is glued to a piece of scrap plywood, and has a piece of micarta glued to it.

scandi100_0918-vi.jpg

Several firsts accomplished so far on Kismet's PH.

1. Soldered Bolster. (WI of course.)
2. Undercut or dovetailed bolster scale junction

I went with stabalized crotch of Walnut. Its gonna be sweet. Its in glue now, and the handle shaping will start on Monday!

Oooooooo - I am intrigued by the Scandi grind - be sure to show us the jig too.

I am thinking... Bushcrafter.... scandi.... fat scales.... many feather sticks..... much wasted time... mmmmmmmm......

TF

+ 2 for a look at the jig.
Richard

DUDE! Are you kidding me? That stuff looks awesome.I love that you're leaving the scale at the top of the blade. That looks SOOOOOOO good. That, matched up with some bright wood scales like maple and SS hardware, oh God yes.

They look great. It's also better for business. We were spoilt for handle material choices, now we can choose a grind. Offering your blade styles with different grinds should net some more customers.
I love a convex edge but some prefer scandi. Well, I love a scandi too.

Those Scandi's are scary sharp. They're 5/32" thick 01. I've never seen one that thick. Its really neato looking. Probably going forward, the scandi's will be done in 1/8" thick stuff.

I ground a Bow Legged Joe, a Bow Legged Belt Knife, and a Karda with Scandi Grinds Friday.

AT the risk of you've already started it (I just got on today and started here): let's have a WIP for Kismet's knife. Doesn't need to be very verbose and not even pic heavy. Just a little fix here, a little fix there, c'mon, keep all your little FB junkies :eek: happy! :D

WOW! I go away for a few weeks and come back to find some truly awesome developments. The continuous expansion of your skills and blade designs is killing my wallet!

Ya, Andy, they look incredible with the single bevel!!
I feel like that racoon right now reaching out for them... :D

Back