Attention UPDATED EXCHANGE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boru13

Staff member
Super Mod
The Exchange rules have been updated/modified to the following:

SECTION 2 - Rules/Procedures for Selling, Buying, Trading, & Offering Services:
The implementation of common sense is strongly encouraged beyond this point. This applies directly to the persons involved in the transactions.

Sellers/Selling -
  1. Be 100% sure that you want to sell the item, have it in your possession and clearly list the TOTAL selling price.
    • There is no "testing the waters" or "gauge buyer interest".
    • "Net to me" needs to be figured into your LISTED PRICE
    • Insurance is the responsibility of the SELLER not the Buyer. This is for your protection.
    • Paypal "friends & family" is STRONGLY DISCOURAGED. This is for your protection.

In plain English, there will be no more "net to me" sales or add 3.5%, 4%, or 30% PayPal fees :rolleyes:... sellers need to do their own math and list a TOTAL selling price shipped.

Insurance is the responsibility of the SELLER, NOT THE BUYER.

If buyers use PayPal and pay with "friends & family" and you do not receive what you paid for, do not come crying to the Mod staff on Bladeforums... you're on your own.

This great news! Thank you spark and mods!

Not trying to be an ass. Serious question. What about international shipping? For a seller in the USA it will be hard to list a total shipped price if you offer to ship internationally as it will cost more than in country. Just trying to gauge future problems.

Could sellers simply say something like "international buyers considered. Contact me for more information and actual shipping cost"

Are PayPal fees different when selling internationally?

What about international shipping? For a seller in the USA it will be hard to list a total shipped price if you offer to ship internationally as it will cost more than in country. Just trying to gauge future problems.
As far as I'm concerned, that's something the seller needs to figure out... to much is getting dumped in the buyers lap anymore.

Could sellers simply say something like "international buyers considered. Contact me for more information and actual shipping cost"
I don't have a problem with that as long as it's international buyers.

Are PayPal fees different when selling internationally?
I've never shipped international so I can't answer that.

I like this move as it serves to standardize the exchange.

Does this mean if a buyer pays the listed price with g&s that the mods will support them if the seller tries to reneg?

This has actually happened to me.
Had a clown do this to me last year, had to wait over a week to get my money back from PayPal. Everyone took his side tho.

Do these rules *require* sellers to sell with insurance?

I'm just thinking that a PP F&F transaction with no insurance that might have run the buyer $100 (albeit at some risk) will now be $100 + fees + insurance to the buyer, which is probably around $108. What if the buyer would rather pay the $100 and incur the risk?

Or perhaps this is the point - is the exchange is saying "we're not letting you take that risk anymore" ?

The Exchange rules have been updated/modified to the following:

SECTION 2 - Rules/Procedures for Selling, Buying, Trading, & Offering Services:
The implementation of common sense is strongly encouraged beyond this point. This applies directly to the persons involved in the transactions.

Sellers/Selling -
  1. Be 100% sure that you want to sell the item, have it in your possession and clearly list the TOTAL selling price.
    • There is no "testing the waters" or "gauge buyer interest".
    • "Net to me" needs to be figured into your LISTED PRICE
    • Insurance is the responsibility of the SELLER not the Buyer. This is for your protection.
    • Paypal "friends & family" is STRONGLY DISCOURAGED. This is for your protection.

In plain English, there will be no more "net to me" sales or add 3.5%, 4%, or 30% PayPal fees :rolleyes:... sellers need to do their own math and list a TOTAL selling price shipped.

Insurance is the responsibility of the SELLER, NOT THE BUYER.

If buyers use PayPal and pay with "friends & family" and you do not receive what you paid for, do not come crying to the Mod staff on Bladeforums... you're on your own.
Way better plan. Cuts through need to massage asking unneeded quest. Seller just has to have made up their mind and transactions are more transparent for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back