Attention UPDATED EXCHANGE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it and agreed.
Cray, a few years back when I sold on the bay, “I would State” , International shipping to be by USPS only. the buyer could go on the USPS website and get a cost before buying/bidding. Then I would say, No Sales to Russia etc where I had problems in the past. I still won’t ship to Russia unless I have a track record with that individual ...

Thanks for enforcing common sense!

The Exchange rules have been updated/modified to the following:

SECTION 2 - Rules/Procedures for Selling, Buying, Trading, & Offering Services:
The implementation of common sense is strongly encouraged beyond this point. This applies directly to the persons involved in the transactions.

Sellers/Selling -
  1. Be 100% sure that you want to sell the item, have it in your possession and clearly list the TOTAL selling price.
    • There is no "testing the waters" or "gauge buyer interest".
    • "Net to me" needs to be figured into your LISTED PRICE
    • Insurance is the responsibility of the SELLER not the Buyer. This is for your protection.
    • Paypal "friends & family" is STRONGLY DISCOURAGED. This is for your protection.

In plain English, there will be no more "net to me" sales or add 3.5%, 4%, or 30% PayPal fees :rolleyes:... sellers need to do their own math and list a TOTAL selling price shipped.

Insurance is the responsibility of the SELLER, NOT THE BUYER.

If buyers use PayPal and pay with "friends & family" and you do not receive what you paid for, do not come crying to the Mod staff on Bladeforums... you're on your own.
The Exchange rules have been updated/modified to the following:

SECTION 2 - Rules/Procedures for Selling, Buying, Trading, & Offering Services:
The implementation of common sense is strongly encouraged beyond this point. This applies directly to the persons involved in the transactions.

Sellers/Selling -
  1. Be 100% sure that you want to sell the item, have it in your possession and clearly list the TOTAL selling price.
    • There is no "testing the waters" or "gauge buyer interest".
    • "Net to me" needs to be figured into your LISTED PRICE
    • Insurance is the responsibility of the SELLER not the Buyer. This is for your protection.
    • Paypal "friends & family" is STRONGLY DISCOURAGED. This is for your protection.

In plain English, there will be no more "net to me" sales or add 3.5%, 4%, or 30% PayPal fees :rolleyes:... sellers need to do their own math and list a TOTAL selling price shipped.

Insurance is the responsibility of the SELLER, NOT THE BUYER.

If buyers use PayPal and pay with "friends & family" and you do not receive what you paid for, do not come crying to the Mod staff on Bladeforums... you're on your own.

sounds good, I always assume the fees and shipping should be included in the price. I sell things in other places and I always include this stuff in the selling price, that "net to me" crap gets old. People can always use F&F if they are comfortable with the person, but G&S should be the public standard.

Thank you, fees should always be included as it gets confusing and sellers sometimes play games after you say you'll take it with the fees.

Do these rules *require* sellers to sell with insurance?
No it does not, BF's can not make a seller purchase insurance but it can and will hold the seller responsible if the package does not make it to the buyer and the seller just assumes the buyer is out their money.

I've saw to many threads where the sellers claim they are not responsible once they drop the package off at the P.O., as far as I'm concerned they are responsible and that's why it's highly recommended that the seller purchase insurance unless they plan on paying out of their own pocket for a lost package.

Yes, fees are based on buyers registered location with Paypal even with a USA shipping address in my experience. I do this a lot with my business and pay higher fees even when buyer is using a USA based forwarding service. Goes by his home country
I thought so but didn't know. With the new rules, looks like the seller has some wiggle room with international buyers.

Having spent many hours with usps trying to process insurance claims and ultimately not get reimbursed I no longer purchase insurance. If a buyer says they did not get the item and usps says it was never delivered I’ll reimburse the buyer. I’ll swallow the risk. My time is too valuable to waste hours chasing money from usps I will never receive or get an answer. If it’s really expensive I’ll go Brown.

Otherwise new rules are great. Plain English !

Boru13 Boru13 - so does the rule "Insurance is the responsibility of the SELLER" imply that the seller will be held responsible in the event of a PO screw up?

Until today, I have always thought that I (as a seller) have done my job faithfully once I drop a package at the PO and send tracking info to the buyer, even if I haven't purchased insurance on that package.

Apologies for multiple questions, I just want to make sure I (and others) clearly understand BF's position on how transactions should work and who, in the eyes of BF, is responsible under different scenarios. Thanks!

Boru13 Boru13 - so does the rule "Insurance is the responsibility of the SELLER" imply that the seller will be held responsible in the event of a PO screw up?

Until today, I have always thought that I (as a seller) have done my job faithfully once I drop a package at the PO and send tracking info to the buyer, even if I haven't purchased insurance on that package.

Apologies for multiple questions, I just want to make sure I (and others) clearly understand BF's position on how transactions should work and who, in the eyes of BF, is responsible under different scenarios. Thanks!

The insurance is there for you as the seller, in the event that the buyer doesn't get the package or it's damaged in transit. At this time, the buyer will want their money back and this is where the insurance protects you, as the seller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back