Urban Dead Revisited

2 characters generated...gonna take some getting used to. Between the two of them, I racked up an amazing *ONE* XP.

Good ways to get XP at the start:

- Beat the crap out of other people. Start with Melee or Ranged Weapon. (Hand to Hand also works but is quite a bit slower.) Keep an eye on your Morality when hitting someone; once you become evil (-20 or lower) it's a real PITA to turn good again. Attacking and killing other players is probably the quickest way to level, period. Learn where the nearest museum (if melee) or gun shop (if ranged) is for an easy source of weapons and never spend the night in either. You WILL die. Improvised weapons (axes, truncheons, crowbars, etc) are never damaged but tend to do a little less damage than swords or guns. (Which will be damaged eventually through use.)

Or...

- Start with Engineering. Restore power and repair doors for increased Morality and 5 XP a pop. Or, walk the dark side and shut the power off to buildings. Either way you will never have to look for a target. Removing or restoring power awards 5 XP and costs 5 AP, so you're looking at a fairly solid 1/1 ratio.

Or...

- Locate a library and ransack it. Books award 5 XP about 50% of the time, so it's not too hard to level this way. Additionally you're bound to pick up a few spells along the way. Excellent choice if you're thinking about being a spellcaster later on. Don't spend the night there unless you want to die.

Or...

- Select First Aid as your starting skill. Locate a hospital or pharmacy and start grubbing those First Aid Kits! Healing other players awards 1 XP per HP healed; First Aid allows you to heal 10 HP per FAK, so that's 10 XP a pop. Finding FAK's is easy; finding people to heal is hard. It seems that half the wounded folks walking around these days are demons and they can't be healed.

Plan your skill purchases carefully. It helps to decide where you want to go at the beginning and organize your skills around that.

Both my DEM characters have retired after a successful run.

Joe Fabulous is still dragging hapless humans into the street wherever he finds them.

Nasty(Shamblin' Sam) helped lead the assault that finally toppled Caiger Mall.:eek:

hehehe...I only pushed the button.

I started the attack 30 minutes earlier than was expected...ran through the mall, killed the gens, led a strike force to the barricades and set up tactical strikes against 6 other buildings.

That's all...got elected to take over one of the leadership slots on the COuncil leading the Big Bash.

Fun stuff...currently working to teach a group what a "No-Kill" zone means.

LOL...got the needle ready for you...stand where I can see you.

hehehe...busy shopping while mine carry everything they need with them, eh?

Zombahs are totally ninja Danny...

Been a while since I kicked a door in, shamed all present with my Death Rattle trash talk, and threatened the cowering survivors with the unspeakable horror that is mah zambah banana.

Do I need to come back out of retirement?

Zeds are meeting up at Dowdney Mall...you'd be welcome with open (well, one arm anyway) arms.

We've been hitting various entry points...resources and so on. My main got yet another combat revive and is getting measurements in the food court to decide how many of us can feed at one time.

We could pick a time and stroll through the mall...say Hi to Ted if you see him! ;)

Back