Ursa's Custom Hand Made Musso Bowie Knife Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the reviews above I ordered a Jessie Clifft style bowie. Bought it on Mon just delivered half hour ago. Fast shipping for sure. Have just looked it over and checked it out so this is just a very very quick peek and critique. Well the damn thing is excellent! I ain't kiddin either. I'll post a pic shortly. But the fit and finish and antiquing of the blade is absolutely first rate. Just very slightly over .25" on the handle spind of the knife, very nice wood slabs finished very well, knife is straight and razor sharp. Sheath is alright and may invest in one that is better but right now it will suffice. Frankly this looks like it came from the 1830's for sure. Grinds are straight and true and it is just finished overall very well. Couldn't be happier frankly. Balance is perfect too right at the end of the scales. That's it, gonna get a display box for it and put it on the mantle. This is just how I imagined the "real" Bowie knife would look and feel. keepem sharp

Just tried to post a pic but it is too large. This site is killing me, I went from being able to post pics to now everything is to large. Crap

Hope this link works: http://s1117.photobucket.com/user/longbowfromLW/library/?sort=3&page=1

Did a bit of chopping with it today and the blade held up fine. Truth be told though the handle being straight and no lanyard you have to pay attention to what your doing when using it. Broke some ice up with spine just to do it and cut a bunch of apples to feed the deer. Worked like it should and still sharp as hell.

Last edited:
Just an update on the Clifft bowie mentioned above. Scales are shrinking a good bit now. They are sealed pretty well so don't know why that is but I'll try and fix it. keepem sharp

I picked up a clift bowie and it is nice for how much I paid, under $100. Came very sharp, however, I have not used it yet, so we will see how the HT is on this knife. That is the big question. Good looking knife, regardless, and what the real bowie looked like.

Nice to know that my review got people to give his knives a chance and that they now see what I did, amazing quality knives whose prices simply cannot be beat. :)

Hello everybody,
Thanks for your best comments on my Bowie knives and also my work and quality. I am making exact copy of old Bowie's knives as reproductions.
. I am sure, I am serving better to best to give to all my friends / customers.
I am making true quality as copy of Jim Bowie's Alamo knife and others.
I am sure my knife's price is reasonable for any one who have interest to purchase in USA and others.
Your co-operation will be highly appreciated.
Thanks and Best Regards!

GULZAR AHMED
Ursa Crafts Man
M/s Ursa International
Whatsapp#00923076112738

20190521_144726.jpg

Based on the reviews above I ordered a Jessie Clifft style bowie. Bought it on Mon just delivered half hour ago. Fast shipping for sure. Have just looked it over and checked it out so this is just a very very quick peek and critique. Well the damn thing is excellent! I ain't kiddin either. I'll post a pic shortly. But the fit and finish and antiquing of the blade is absolutely first rate. Just very slightly over .25" on the handle spind of the knife, very nice wood slabs finished very well, knife is straight and razor sharp. Sheath is alright and may invest in one that is better but right now it will suffice. Frankly this looks like it came from the 1830's for sure. Grinds are straight and true and it is just finished overall very well. Couldn't be happier frankly. Balance is perfect too right at the end of the scales. That's it, gonna get a display box for it and put it on the mantle. This is just how I imagined the "real" Bowie knife would look and feel. keepem sharp

Just tried to post a pic but it is too large. This site is killing me, I went from being able to post pics to now everything is to large. Crap

Hope this link works:

Did a bit of chopping with it today and the blade held up fine. Truth be told though the handle being straight and no lanyard you have to pay attention to what your doing when using it. Broke some ice up with spine just to do it and cut a bunch of apples to feed the deer. Worked like it should and still sharp as hell.

---------------------

l am listing my Jessie Clifft style bowie knife here now for my best prices. 20190106_170022.jpg

Ursa’s Custom Hand Made 5160 Spring Steel Polished The Noah Smithwick Bowie UI-71AMS

History:
"The URSA Crafts Man followed the history of Noah Smithwick Bowie and made exact copy as original.

There was a Noah Smithwick bowie in Austin, Texas, some time I would guess around 1960. I was writing for a magazine that dealt in Texana and in the course of writing a piece on James and Rezin,
The first version of the bowie apparently was designed in 1827 for Jim by his brother Rezin. The following year Bowie moved to Texas, where in San Felipe de Austin, a blacksmith named Noah Smithwick duplicated the knife for him.

Present (2019) : made by URSA
Hopefully Ursa's Bowie will be like to every one and want to purchase more again.
Ursa's Bowie for use and the quality is 100% sure and granted.

ONE OF BEST KNIFE

DETAIL OF KNIFE: -

Full Tang 5160 Spring steel Mirror Polished Blade The Noah Smithwick Bowie knife.

OVERALL LENGTH of BOWIE: 38 CM
BLADE LENGTH: 25 CM
BLADE WIDE: 58 MM
BLADE THICK: 6 MM
BLADE HARDNESS: 56-58 HRC
HANDLE LENGTH: 14 CM
WELL SHARPNESS: Razor Sharp
GRASS WEIGHT (knife + sheath): 960 GRAMS & NET DHL Courier parcel WEIGHT: 1300 GRAMS
HANDLE:
BRASS GUARD, NUT, POMMEL WITH CAMEL BONE HANDLE
ACCESSORY: BEAUTIFUL GENUINE LEATHER SHEATH.

PAYMENT: We Accept PAYPAL , Western Union or money or Bank Only.
DELIVERY TIME: Mostly, We Ship within 1 to 3 days after received total payment.
COURIER: We use World First Class DHL Courier insured service delivery within 3 to 4 working days with satisfied tracking. Your contact number is required by DHL to contact directly for safe time.

Regards and Contact :-20190717_172627.jpg

GULZAR AHMED
(Proprioter)
URSA INTERNATIONAL
Pak Town, Allahabad, Wazirabad 52000, Pakistan
Tel#: +92-307-6112738
Whats-App : +923076112738
Email: ursacraftsman@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/ursainternational
http://stores.ebay.com/ursasbowieknives
Store name: URSA'S BOWIE KNIVES

Attachments

• 20190717_172657.jpg
    20190717_172657.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 2
Gulzar Ahmed

Any chance you could provide a comparison picture of a Musso Bowie and a Juan Padillo Bowie? I like the Musso you made for me but find it too big for my small hand and too heavy for use. I'm considering the Juan Padillo as my next purchase.

I purchased the Juan Padillo Bowie and it's the perfect size for me. For those of you who love old Bowie designs, you need to get a knife from Gulzar. These knives are exceptional quality at any price. They are affordable, usable, accurate reproductions.

Hello Malcolm,
Thanks for your respected comments and honoring my Bowie knives and quality.
I am sure I will making more quality and accurate reproduction Bowie knives from old history and Serve to all my friends .
Best Regards!
Gulzar Ahmed

I purchased the Juan Padillo Bowie and it's the perfect size for me. For those of you who love old Bowie designs, you need to get a knife from Gulzar. These knives are exceptional quality at any price. They are affordable, usable, accurate reproductions.

Hello Dragon_Man,
Please let me know about this word " Weak " with detail so I will understand your thoughts.
Regards
Gulzar
Don’t want to speak for him, but I believe he is making a negative comment to the person who reported you post awhile back.

Thanks for your comments. if you feel any my mistake then please describe me so I will solve the issues and serve you better. so I am requesting..
Regards !

Cannot decide between the Clifft and the Musso- Like them both. perhaps for different reasons..Either in the "aged" version.. the Clifft looks to be more useable (wish the Clifft came in a 7.5" length).. the Musso is a collectors dream knife, it is just the best-looking bowie Ive seen in a very long time...
After looking at all the offerings on the website, I don't see either the Clifft, Musso or Smithwick and couldnt find info on the aging... No prices listed either.. What's up? Anyone been in contact with the company or the gentleman in charge? Thanks, Dun

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back