Value of an INFI AK47

Please don't read my post as an excuse for the seller in that case. I just would never accept a claim like that (that the blade is long out of production) in an Ebay ad. There are a lot of scammers on Ebay. Ask me how I know. Lol

Unfortunately, there are many people who try to sell their knives here based on what knives are listed for on eBay. *Listed price doesn't matter, sold prices do.*

When researching the bay for value, whether you are buying or selling, make sure you are searching completed listings for knives that have sold.

Also, many people look at the ridiculous "LK" prices on ebay....... and think the 400% markup prices listed for the buy it now are realistic...

He did offer free shipping, though. That's a $14.95 value if purchased directly from Busse. And it was a $110 handle upgrade. So it was really only about $223 more than it would have cost directly from Busse. And when you take out his eBay and PayPal fees, he probably just broke even. So it was really the same as buying it directly from Busse.

And there was a time after the original BG release when they were out of production, so that wasn't actually a lie, just sort of an outdated truth.

Outdated truth. Yeah, that's the ticket!

People always lie (not all people all the time), especially when they are trying to get someone to part with their hard-earned cash. It's reprehensible and he should be called out for it but at the end of the day, the buyers should do a cursory google search to confirm such claims. It seems we have left the saying "buyer beware" in the past.

This place, BF in general and the Busse forum particularly, is a haven for blade enthusiasts. If someone posted that ad on the exchange, he would have been quickly corrected on his misstatement.

Thanks BF and HOGs!

The same seller has another one listed in an active auction. I sent him a message saying:
Just FYI, the statement in the listing that: "These knives have long been discontinued by Busse Combat" is incorrect. They're currently available to order directly from the Busse Combat website, and have been for quite some time.
It could be an honest mistake, after all. It'll be interesting to see whether he corrects the listing.

I think some confusion , the OP silkworm is asking for INFI the Battle Grade is SR 101

No confusion. We all know the difference between INFI and BG, and that the OP was asking about INFI. I thought standard coated INFI would go for about $800, but saw that a BG recently sold for more than that on eBay, thus calling into question my $800 estimate for INFI, which should cost considerably more than BG. And then we got sidetracked a little about the prices charged by some eBay sellers and a particular misrepresentation in the listing for that BG blade that went for over $800.

But I think the OP got his answer on page 1 (or at least he seemed to say that he did).

Back