Vendor exclusive Benchmade knives

Now that Benchmade has come it with their 2018 catalog, how long will it be before certain vendors (i.e. DLT, BladeHQ, etc.) get their new exclusive models?

I was really hoping for a beefier 535 Bugout with better steel and scales so maybe one of the vendors will source one...

The Bugout would make an excellent REI exclusive, and I have some Christmas gift cards burning a hole in my pocket. I’d like to see something besides green G10 and S30v this year though. I really dig my REI 531 and it served me well last year, but it’s time for something different.

Now that BM is killing the 530 I would love to see a 535 in black FRN instead of blue.

Now that BM is killing the 530 I would love to see a 535 in black FRN instead of blue.
Ditto. I would love the see the bugout in a ton of different combos including a black frn version. The blue is not bad but I still prefer black. That would have to be incredibly easy to do.

I definitely want to see some more 535 bugout variations - G10 scales and some M390 or 20CV for the blade would be awesome. The Bugout might replace the humble Mini Grip as my favorite Benchmade of all time.

Otherwise I would love to see some more steel and handle choices for the Proper.

I want to see ANY Bugout variations... anything other than the blue Grivory with S30V.

I love it as is and just bought one, but I would add another (maybe serrations?) even if I could get it with black scales. Black G10 would be awesome IMO as long as it didn’t add substantially to the weight.

I'll be first in line for any more Bugout versions too. I'd say with the popularity of the first one, BM will for sure cash in on releasing different models.

I'll be first in line for any more Bugout versions too. I'd say with the popularity of the first one, BM will for sure cash in on releasing different models.
You would sure think so anyway. Yes a please give us a heads up if ones drops somewhere. This might be the first knife I ever preorder.

Instantly became my favorite EDC.

Blue scales don't bother me.

I like the weight, but it is the deployment action that makes this my new favorite! It open as fast as any auto or assisted knife I’ve ever owned!

So how long do we think it will be before we get a vendor specific Bugout? If anyone sees one, or hears about one, please let us know ASAP!!! :)

If I remember correctly the Bugout has only been available for 6 months or less, and for the first couple months it was hard to even get one because of demand. So I would guess it's going to be at least a few more months before we see other variations for sale. Pure conjecture on my part, but I'd guess seeing a black handle within six months. Then maybe the custom builder or vendor exclusives a little while after that.

For the record, I was hesitant on the blue at first but now I actually like it. My Bugout has been my exclusive off duty EDC since I got it. It's an awesome knife.

The Action on the Bugout is easily the best iv'e ever experienced with an Axis lock, drop free action, dead nuts centering with zero blade play and the detent is the snappiest ever for an Axis lock for me, just sucks the blade in.
Not sure if it's due to the lightness of the blade but I can't for the life of me shake it open, which is a first for me with an Axis lock and I had no need to disassemble, clean and lube which I do to 99% of my new knives, knife was butter right out of the box.

As you can see I'm simply enthralled with this new knife... bring on the variants!

Last edited:
The Action on the Bugout is easily the best iv'e ever experienced with an Axis lock, drop free action, dead nuts centering with zero blade play and the detent is the snappiest ever for an Axis lock for me, just sucks the blade in.
Not sure if it's due to the lightness of the blade but I can't for the life of me shake it open, which is a first for me with an Axis lock and I had no need to disassemble, clean and lube which I do to 99% of my new knives, knife was butter right out of the box.

As you can see I'm simply enthralled with this new knife... bring on the variants!

I agree. This is my favorite knife. I wonder if any of BMs other knives are the same way... (I’ve been eyeing the Anthem... ;) )

I agree. This is my favorite knife. I wonder if any of BMs other knives are the same way... (I’ve been eyeing the Anthem... ;) )
Iv'e owned an Anthem, although it's a great knife and super smooth, the blade easily shakes out and the detent isn't nearly as strong as on my Bugout.

Iv'e owned an Anthem, although it's a great knife and super smooth, the blade easily shakes out and the detent isn't nearly as strong as on my Bugout.

Really?? Wow! Thanks! You just saved me quite a bit of money! :). I guess I’ll just have to put that towards some new scales for the 535... ;)

A upgraded bugout with gray G10 scales and a M390 or cpm 20v blade I will buy today :)

I ordered a Knife Works BM 810-1401 this week noticed they sold out around Christmas which freaked me out this was a knife on my want list. Thankfully they had new stock now so I wasted no time ordering Incase that exclusive model went away or changed.

Last edited:
Back