• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

VERY discounted fixed blades, most are users

t1mpani

Platinum Member
Not looking for trades, I have too many knives!
Post "I'll take it" here on the thread for anything you want, in addition to PMing or emailing me through the forum.
Prices include shipping/insurance to anywhere in the US. Payment by paypal (I'll eat the fees) or USPS money order. Additional shipping charges for International, and (of course) only limited shipping insurance available. I WILL NOT lie on a customs form--if you can't legally have something, don't buy it.
Bladeforums is not always reliable notifying me of replies or messages--if you don't hear from me immediately don't worry, if you were the first take something then it's yours.
Please carefully inspect knives upon receiving them. I try to be meticulous about finding flaws, but if I miss something, let me know immediately, and we can talk about either an adjustment to the price if you still want it, or a complete refund in addition to me covering the return shipping. My reputation is important to me, and I'll never try to slip anything by you.
Here we go!

The big ones/choppers:

Farid D3 Competition chopper--An absolute beast. Double grind from 13mm D3 stock. 10" blade, just under 15" long with the bevel thickened near the tip to shift the weight forward. Cork handle with leather scabbard (no belt loop). Tiny amount of scale texture left right at the front of the blade near the spine. Never been used or sharpened, minor marks in the sheath were mostly there when I opened the box, one or two may have been from storage. Taking a HUGE loss on this one but it's too big to just sit around here. $200 SPF

Matt Roberts Devilfish: Kind of a mid-tech from Matt, 1/4" 3V steel with natural micarta handles. These were put out with and without guards, and bead blasted over heat treat scale, which is the texture you can see in the closeup pics..

a) This one has the guard and sheath. Previous owner has epoxied the scales on (they were removable) and looks to have done either a polyurethane or some other type of clear finish over the tang to protect it from the hand. Discolored spot on blade (actually, it appears to be more of the same finish as on the tang). Never used, don't know if it was sharpened or not. Sold

b) This one has no guard or sheath. Came from the same previous owner, this one the tang has a a belt finish and there is a minor rub line (I'd call it a scratch but it doesn't appear to have any depth, it's just shiny) in the bead blast on the blade. Never used, don't know if it was sharpened or not. $SPF

Frazee Recurve--7 3/8" long 3/16" thick 52100 steel, heavily contoured G10/micarta handle, black enamel finish on blade. Never used or sharpened. No sheath $125 SPF

The medium sized/fighters:
Matt Bailey
-- Don't remember the steel, but likely 1084 or one of the W series, nice hamon and filework on blade. Never used or sharpened, some handling/storage marks on sheath. $170 SOLD

Last edited:
GL Drew bowie-- This was my cowboy action knife for years. 7.25" long 3/16" thick 5160 blade, wrought iron guard. Has been carried, sharpened, but only used to cut paper targets. Blade has developed a patina from the sheath and the unfortunately humid Alabama environment, some shallow pitting (shown in photos). Lots of character and a great user/fighter you don't have to worry about getting fingerprints on. Leather sheath $60 SOLD

GL Drew Ferrier's bowie--Everything from the rasp-blade to the handle hardware is about
horses. 7.5" long 3/16" thick blade. Brass has some discoloration/tarnishing which I didn't bother cleaning up, but would be gleaming in about 3 minutes with some brasso. Handle seems to be comfortable to just about everyone who picks it up. Leather sheath $70 SPF

Tim Nolfi replica of museum Civil War knife. This one has a elk horn handle, and a copper guard, and wrapped & pinned copper pommel. The blade is 6” long 3/16'' thick convex ground lumber mill saw blade, blade left with scale and patina to replicate original. Excellent Kenny Rowe leather sheath. $65 SOLD

The little guys/hunters:

Matt Baily--4” long Blade, just under 3/16” thick. Never used, may have been sharpened (actually the edge is very sharp but not perfectly even--I can touch it up before sending it if you like). Don't know the steel, but probably 1084 or W series coming from Matt. Leather sheath $150 Now $140 SPF

GL Drew Stag and Damascus--4.5” Blade, 1/8” thick. Feels great in the hand, some inclusions in the damascus steel right towards the front. Never used or sharpened or carried. A really nice little hunter, I just have too many. :) Leather sheath $90 SPF

Steve Voorhis--Steve's usual excellent build quality, mirror finished 5160 steel. 3.75” long blade, 5/32” thick. Bought this on the 'bay and got into a fight with the seller as there is a little section of pitting on the blade that he artfully hid in his sale photos, after he tried polishing it out (you can see the light polish marks around the pits). Great hunter with leather sheath. $60 SOLD

Eric Knight--52100 steel. Not really sure if the handle is black micarta or ebony, I can't find the sale thread. Belt finished convex blade has a forced patina from apple slice, which caused some light pitting seen in pics. A stout user, perfect to toss in a glove box. Leather sheath. Blade has been stropped to remove wire edge. 8 1/4" OAL, 4 1/4" blade, .220" thick $35 SOLD

Last edited:
Okay, messages incoming :)

007, did you want the guard/sheath or no guard, no sheath devilfish?

JJ, please let me know if you received an email from me--I think I did it right.

Last edited:
Okay, looks like both Devilfish are gone, we just need to figure out which is going to whom. :D

What blade length on the GL Drew bowie? If over 7", I'll take it.

Same question for the Frazee Recurve, I think I'm less interested in that one but still very curious. Thanks

Last edited:
Dimensions added to their descriptions above. I'll go down and get the info for the other knives...I usually do that and forgot!

I’ll take this

GL Drew bowie

If that gone I’ll take the Tim Nolfi replica of museum Civil War knife.

**Edit - funds sent on the civil war repro. Thanks

Last edited:
Byron got the Farid,
GL Drew wrought iron is gone
Civil War replica is gone

Last edited:
I'm afraid you're in third place on that one, but I'll let ya know if you win. :)
Bailey is yours, beemermark
Okay, I have to head to the store to get some packing tape (hadn't realized I was so low) so I'll be out of comms for a bit. Remember, peeps--on any of the remaining ones, say you'll take it HERE on the thread, and not just in PM or email, or the next guy who posts it in the thread will have it. :)

Ugh. I’ve been looking for a Matt Roberts Devilfish for 10 years...

Back