1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Dec 14 !

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Dec 15 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Victorinox blades dulling quickly?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by sogflash, Aug 31, 2019.

1. lonestar1979

lonestar1979

Mar 2, 2014
    I like case knives too,have few,theyre pretty good in tru sharp steel,but like victorinox and opinel little better.

2. tomsch

tomsch Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2004
    I carry an alox Vic most days and use it for cutting pretty much everything. I do minor touch-ups that range from a quick strop to a few swipes on medium stones on my Sharpmaker. If you keep the edge sorted without letting it become completely dull then it takes very little work to maintain and does not require removing a significant amount of steel.

Storm 8593 and JohnDF like this.
  3. drail

drail

Feb 23, 2008
    A sharp Victorinox is what we used to call a "field expedient tool". But if you dull it a few strokes on a medium stone will put it back in action. It's a good balance.

Storm 8593 likes this.
  4. Bartleby

Bartleby

Oct 28, 2005
    Often a good stropping is all that is needed.