Victorinox Delémont Collection

Piso Mojado

Basic Member
Victorinox Delémont Collection are the rebranded Wenger knives. These Rangers are new to me and interesting.

small_SAK_0_9713_C__S1(1).jpg

RangerGrip 71 Gardener

small_SAK_0_9723_C__S1(1).jpg

RangerGrip 74

small_SAK_0_9728_WC__S1(1).jpg

RangerGrip 174

small_SAK_0_9798_MWC8__S1(1).jpg

RangerGrip Boatsman

small_SAK_0_9553_C__D2(2).jpg

Victorinox (not Wenger) tweezers and toothpicks

small_SAK_0_9553_C__D3.jpg

and the Victorinox can opener.

I knew about the new collection, but this is the first i'm seeing of the Gardner. I'm liking the looks of that one. If they did a Garder with Pliers and awl I would probably buy one. :thumbup:

Those pliers seem like they ought to get the job done, whereas I don't see that with Vic's pliers. Does anyone have a picture of those Wengers CLOSED, so I can see how bulky it may be?

Those pliers seem like they ought to get the job done, whereas I don't see that with Vic's pliers. Does anyone have a picture of those Wengers CLOSED, so I can see how bulky it may be?

If you wan't good Victorinox pliers go with a Swisstool. I don't even consider the SAK pliers to be pliers. With that said I still love the SAK pliers, but in different applications. Someone on another forum described them as super tweezers and I think they hit the nail on the head with that one. The SAK pliers are very precise.

Does anyone have a picture of those Wengers CLOSED, so I can see how bulky it may be?

dsc_0833_Wenger_RangerGrip_74-480x354.jpg

RangerGrip 74

I wasn't familiar with Wenger's 130 MM knives. The Delémont Collection's 74 and 174 were new to me, but they are Wenger knives with the Victorinox logo, can opener, tweezers and toothpick.

The RangerGrip 71 Gardener is Wenger's Ranger 71 Gardener updated with Evo scales and rubber inlays.

show_image.php

The RangerGrip Boatsman seems to be a new design. It looks like a love child of Wenger's limited-production Spearfishing Knife

show_image.php

and Victorinox's Skipper.

show_image.php

The following Wenger knives have been dropped from Victorinox's Delémont Collection:

RangerGrip 88 Rescue

show_image.php

show_image.php

RangerGrip 95

show_image.php

RangerGrip 90

show_image.php

Swiss Clipper AT

show_image.php

where on victorinox's website are these new models listed? I can not find them anywhere. I am in the southern part USA.

I had a Ranger 74 for a minute, but resold it because they're so wildly impractical. The pliers are ingenious and cool - but they make the knife extremely wide. The main blade is huge, but the first 3/4 inch is unsharpened. It just compares extremely unfavorably to a swisstool - almost twice as thick, an inch longer, nearly as heavy, but with less than half the tools.

I'm happy to see they will be incorporating some of the Wenger designs and keeping the brand alive. At least for now.

where on victorinox's website are these new models listed? I can not find them anywhere. I am in the southern part USA.

Run a Google search for victorinoxcz. The second result will be Victorinox's Czech web site, victorinoxcz.cz. If you can't read Czech, click the link "Translate this page." The Delémont Collection is under Pocket Knives with separate pages for 130 mm, 85 mm and 65 mm.

thanks never would have thought to look for that.

The Czech catalog shows new products first, but items sold in the EU may not be distributed here. For example, the Junior 09 will probably be European market only.

small_SAK_2_4213_SKE__S1(1).jpg

Replacing the rounded tip blade could be an interesting project for someone who wants a 2 layer 85 mm SAK with a saw and a Phillips screwdriver.

Victorinox's 84 mm SAK small Climber, small Fieldmaster, small Huntsman, and small Tinker models were discontinued long ago. I like this size and I hope Victorinox will distribute the Delémont equivalents in North America.

Evolution 14

small_SAK_2_3903_E__S1(1).jpg

Evolution 16

small_SAK_2_4903_E__S1(1).jpg

Evolution 17

small_SAK_2_3913_E__S1(1).jpg

Evolution 11

small_SAK_2_4803_E__S1(1).jpg

In addition, there are two Delémonts with no 84 mm Victorinox equivalents: a small Camper, and a small Troubleshooter with a wood saw and corkscrew instead of the metal saw and Phillips screwdriver.

Evolution S 13

small_SAK_2_3813_SE__S1(1).jpg

Evolution S 52

small_SAK_2_3953_SE__S1(1).jpg

Discontinued 91 mm Victorinox Troubleshooter

show_image.php

I'm sorry Victorinox seems to have chosen to use the EVO grips
(which I find very uncomfortable to use) on their renamed Wenger
lines. I prefer the old style flat scales.
Rich S

The Small Tinker is still available. I like that size too & bought a Wenger EvoWood 16 last year. Victorinox doesn't offer a mid-sized knife with scissors and this was nice to have with the Wenger tools. I originally bought the Swiss Clipper AT for my carry-on bag while flying and found it useful for my daily bag while working. I recently stopped carrying it every day and bought a Victorinox Delemont EvoWood Swiss Clipper for my daily bag. I'll swap it out with the AT when I fly, reserving it just for travel now.

Does most of the Evolution line still have nail files instead of the pen blades found on most of the Victorinox line? That's not clear in the images.Thanks.

Eversharp! and Piso Mojado: Thanks for the clarification. I wish the opposite were true but at least the S111 is an option.

Back