victorinox

Nice, my favorite is a recruit paired with a classic but alox is nice and a cadet paired with a classic is equally as good.

The Alox Pioneer X is a great carry. I have the silver one, but that black one looks great! Just thinking about what is with me every day and I realize I have 3 Victorinox knives at all times. Alox Pioneer X on my belt, Cybertool S (my beat the crap outta this thing knife from a former employer) in my bag and a classic on my keychain. I rarely even think about them but I am always glad to put them to work.

Very nice knife!

I have had a Classic on my key chain for many years.

My favorite SAK is the Explorer. It has the Philips head screwdriver inline with the other tools. I also find the magnifying glass handy. I deal with a lot of fine writing at work and it helps (along with my bifocals).

Despite my love for SAKs, I have never owned an Alox one. One day ...

Just got a Floral in green pastel. 2 1/2 inch sheeps foot single bevel with a 4 inch handle.
A little bit of texture on the scales. That long slim handle works for my hands. Cool knife for $17.
Also replaced the Rambler on my keys for a Swiss Lite. I actually use the light.

I have a black alox Cadet and think it's very nice. I carry a minichamp with my keys. It's the celidor model; I'd like to find the alox version.

Handy little things those SAK's are.

I wonder if the dictators in Aussie, NZ, England, Canada, etc. allow these. Anyone care to comment?

Just got this. Boy is it nice. I have knives costing way more.

VN0823123X2_1.jpg
Difficult to beat a Victorinox "Swiss Army Knife" for value and useability.
I carry a Huntsman quite often.

As my Great Great Grandfather used to say:
"You don't have to spend a lot to get a lot."

On the "Big Name" brands your paying a lot extra for the name.

I’ve never seen a Vic with a stiff or loose blade. Also never had one that the blades clashed when folded. The blades all fall into their own place and there is no wasted space. They really are amazing.

Last edited:
I have a recruit I keep on the table next to my chair,an electrician that I carry almost everyday and a classic on my keychain. Cadet and pioneer are next on the list

Be very very careful when purchasing Victorinox knives, especially the alox models. You may soon find that you no longer have a need for any of your more fancy or expensive knives...It makes me almost wish SAK’s weren’t so inexpensive, useful, and beautifully designed.

Years ago my Dad would sort of snicker when I pulled out my Vic SAK that I carried. He carried Bucks and Schrades back then mostly and occasionally a Case. But that did not hold me back from continuing to like and use them. They are just so well made for the price and they hold an edge sufficiently and a few minutes with a sharpening stone will usually bring them back to a high degree of sharpness.

I was thinking about this thread and remembered something I wondered when I first joined the forum. I've always loved victorinox. And I wasn't really sure what experienced knife guys would think of them. Is the steel good enough? Are they kids knives? And then I soon read and realised that they were well thought of amongst the community. A small thing, but it made me happy.

I should be getting an Alox Pioneer tomorrow in the mail if the stars correctly align. I used to not think much about my Spartan, always took it traveling but kept it in my drawer at home. I finally gave it to a friend. Recently I started looking for it to cut a package and I realized that despite my blossoming knife collection I had been using my swiss army knife for almost all my non food related knife tasks.

Back