VTAC practical carry?

Doesn't the hawk handle bounce around when you run?

No more than the rest of your kit. With the ceramic plates in the body armor and 500+ rounds of ammo with everything else, you're not going to be running much .... and when you do, not very fast.

Berdar

Hi Karl,

Just a heads up that we will be in the ACT next week training with the guys who have developed the current doctrine for CQF/MSD etc so if you are interested you can contact via email in my profile.

All the best,

Jim

Just a quick note on the VTAC. My name is Bryon. I make a kydex rapid deployment sheath carried under the support side arm and attached by Molle-Loks(also make a version you can paracord to yhe vest). The jump rated nylon sheath that comes with the hawk is very slow to deploy from and is unstable(it moves alot) Take a look at www.deploymentsolutions.us at the Tomahawk Rapid Deployment Sheath. Let me know what you think. I have several dozen of these in Iraq, Afganistan, and the US.

I carried an Ontario Spax head down in the hydration bladder pocket of my backpack. Worked fine. Handle stuck up just enough to pull it straight up and out. And yes, I agree, a small hand ax or hawk gets their attention. Got out of the vehicle in Najaf very early in the war and was surrounded by hundreds of the buggers. They were just curious back then. The Spax moved 'em back far enough for a civilized conversation.

Things have gone downhill since those times.

Back