VZ Grips Rock -- Show 'Em If You've Got 'Em

Guyon

Biscuit Whisperer
Super Mod
Uber grippy. I thought I would use them on the 21, but they have so much texture I put them on smaller knives to start.
I imagine I could blunt the bite with some sandpaper though. They look great and fit great. Happy I got a couple of sets.

image1_zpsallxtbd5.jpg

image2%201_zpsyswvs8sg.jpg

Last edited:
I'll pick some up eventually, but until I do I'll just watch this thread.....

Crappy indoor pic...
I'll replace it if I ever get home at a decent hour...

I considered hitting them with some 80 grit because I just know there'll be some hot spots esp on that meaty palm area under the thumb.
But with winter coming on, these things will be like glue with gloves so for now they stay stock...

Crappy indoor pic...
I'll replace it if I ever get home at a decent hour...

I considered hitting them with some 80 grit because I just know there'll be some hot spots esp on that meaty palm area under the thumb.
But with winter coming on, these things will be like glue with gloves so for now they stay stock...

Dang Slice thats a mean looking knife man makes me want a 9. I know alot of guys took advantage on black friday sales. Wish i had the funds to i would be posting up right now. Thats life. Thanks for sharing guys.

Thanks J! That's some Dex Withers handy work there that I picked up at Becker East last spring. Gets almost daily use and probably my favorite Becker. Man, I'm jonesing for another gathering...

Uber grippy. I thought I would use them on the 21, but they have so much texture I put them on smaller knives to start.
I imagine I could blunt the bite with some sandpaper though. They look great and fit great. Happy I got a couple of sets.

image1_zpsallxtbd5.jpg

image2%201_zpsyswvs8sg.jpg
Mine are lost in the Mail . Sh-- ! They do look nice

Alright, finally home on a weeknight with daylight! Ok, guess this is a little redundant but here's some decent shots...

Added some orange liners...

After playing a bit this evening I'm liking them even more. I don't think I can say they're for every Becker IMO, but any chopper with a lanyard and a pair of gloves is where they really shine!
Gotta givem credit...they definitely fill a slot in Becker scales that may have been empty. An aggressive, grippy, no maintenance scale that folks have been asking for. If that's your thing then don't pass them up!

Those do look nice. I think they would be better on a smaller knife myself Guyon. That makes more sense to me. It seems like on a larger blade, chopping, it may create hot spots.

Those do look nice. I think they would be better on a smaller knife myself Guyon. That makes more sense to me. It seems like on a larger blade, chopping, it may create hot spots.

No, it would create gaping wounds if you don't have gloves. :D The scales have a LOT of bite. Even on the smaller blades, I'll probably knock down the tips on the checkering.
NCSlice's pics above are the best representation of actual color so far. My crappy phone pics skew the coloration.

I just want some OD grivory. I personally like the feel of the grivory.

I second that, I also enjoy the grivory. Nylon is awesome stuff, super tough. I got a pair of vz's during the sale myself, put them on the 4... Then promptly removed them and they sit on the 9, because it looks cool. I haven't got a small big Becker yet, but when I get my next one (7 or 10, eventually, should've skipped the 16 ha, never use it), they will be waiting! I've almost got a pair of colored zytel off coyleoutdoors a few times, if only the colors were slightly muted..

Shame on you both. Do you not love Easter? :p
The perfect grivory 4-pack? Coyote brown, olive drab, desert tan, and that grey color that some folks inexplicably call foliage green.

100%. Someone totally missed the mark there...what were they thinking? Ok...they have their place I suppose but to limit it there just makes no sense to me. And to have such bright colors but leave out blaze orange? Clueless...

Looks like a topo map.

I like a more subued chromatic scale scheme....

Moose(exceptionally)

I'm not convinced that's really Moose. A person bearing his description was just spotted selling tofu turkeys and fireworks at the Burbank airport.
Put a quick and dirty edge on that 2, which has just been sitting in a drawer. About to give it a workout and really try the VZ's.

8A2876F5-8800-4956-AA5C-9D0218063B85_zpsytwy5lj4.jpg

It's a topo map of Half Moon Ridge. Can be helpful trying to find the top of the hill in a gator after copious quantities of Jack Daniels.

The perfect grivory 4-pack? Coyote brown, olive drab, desert tan, and that grey color that some folks inexplicably call foliage green.

This. Exactly this. :thumbup:

It's a topo map of Half Moon Ridge. Can be helpful trying to find the top of the hill in a gator after copious quantities of Jack Daniels.

Get shitty drunk and lost one time.....yeesh....

:D

Moose(dramatically)

i kinda want some VZs but am holding out

also, i need to make some spacers

need to source some material

skinny ass handles hurt my hands!

Ok, I'm sold! Even though I haven't had a chance to give them a proper work out, I'm really liking the fit and feel.

Ka-Bar came through and quickly fulfilled my replacement request with zero hassle so I tried the second set on a smaller Blade. I have to agree that it works really well on the 12...

I hope to get some better outdoor shots tomorrow.

I'm thinking of BK14 scales for the righty set once I hit harbor freight after Christmas for a belt sander.

Back