W.A. Surls collections.......

allen456

I know we have a thread showing your W.A. Surls knives, but I would love to see in this thread your collection. If it s two, five, or eighty, show off that collection!

This probably belongs here more appropriately given the specific topic of collections.

WA Surls collection ...

By Handle Material:
WASBatch20161031byColor-vi.jpg

By Model:
WASBatch20161031byModel-vi.jpg

Cousins? W.A. Surls, Osprey Knife & Tool, Fiddleback Forge and Fletcher

ddlebackFamily20161031byHandle-vi.jpg

Pic2Key-vi.jpg

Got home after dark. Going to have to wait until tomorrow afternoon.

I've tried a bunch of times to take a picture of my entire Surls collection but every time I do I seem to forget a couple. Either on my belt or in my pocket or in the kitchen, on a night stand etc etc. I think, keyword here is think, I finally got them all. However I failed in setting up a shot where they're all visible so here's a handful of angles. :D

DSC03094-vi.jpg
DSC03098-vi.jpg
DSC03100-vi.jpg

DSC03104-vi.jpg

Jim, I'm trying to get home with enough daylight today to get in on this. But that's one incredible collection!

Thanks Tony. My apologies if I seem pushy. I can definitely wait until the weekend. :D

I've tried a bunch of times to take a picture of my entire Surls collection but every time I do I seem to forget a couple. Either on my belt or in my pocket or in the kitchen, on a night stand etc etc. I think, keyword here is think, I finally got them all. However I failed in setting up a shot where they're all visible so here's a handful of angles. :D

I love the arrangement here Jim. That's quite an extensive and well balanced collection there! A bit of every size and shape.

Thanks for sharing!

Man, I love that arrangement too. Just perfect. Jim, you don't seem pushy at all!

I just can't seem to get a pic set up where I like the angles as much as that line on that tree.

Pic coming in a few...

I love the arrangement here Jim. That's quite an extensive and well balanced collection there! A bit of every size and shape.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Jerry! You definitely have some choice Surls knives as well. I gotta get something in the Cherry Bomb. Preferably a black bolstered Palmer. :D And that Bog Oak. Nice! :thumbup: Also, I think I spent about 3 weeks with that Tangerine Esteban II going in and out of my DLT shopping cart. Thank you so much for ending the torture.

Man, I love that arrangement too. Just perfect. Jim, you don't seem pushy at all!

I just can't seem to get a pic set up where I like the angles as much as that line on that tree.

Pic coming in a few...

Thanks again Tony! It's funny how many times I've used that tree for knife pics. It's almost as if I leave it there just for photo ops. Nothing like an old fallen soft Birch for knife pics. So easy to just press the knife into it. Safe for me and the knife. :D

Gents,

So tough to get this set up the way I want it. I'm going to try again tomorrow and get a better pic, but for now...

Seems like I might have a thing for Inlanders and Hunstman by the look of things. One bog oak Hunstman belongs to my eldest son, Keegan. The Nessie on the right belongs to my son, Luca. The Bison on the top left was a flea market grab, and my primary camp knife. Allen helped me make the curlyQ under the Bison at my first Trackrock Spring 2016. The Buckeye Arawona is my primary kitchen knife. The osage Hunstman is my primary small/mid sized carry knife, and the osage Patch and stag mini-Loveless are my every day small carry knives in rotation. The mini Palmer was my first Surls knife, and it's so beautiful - the pic doesn't do it justice. The curly ash Patch just pops...almost glows, and I owe Phillip for that one. The ironwood on the Fighter is spectacular. The bog oaks are all slightly different in hue. The Raven recurve is just bad ass. My favorite of all of them though has to be the osage Patch. I couldn't part with most of them, but that would be the one I love the most.

Gents,

So tough to get this set up the way I want it. I'm going to try again tomorrow and get a better pic, but for now...

Seems like I might have a thing for Inlanders and Hunstman by the look of things. One bog oak Hunstman belongs to my eldest son, Keegan. The Nessie on the right belongs to my son, Luca. The Bison on the top left was a flea market grab, and my primary camp knife. Allen helped me make the curlyQ under the Bison at my first Trackrock Spring 2016. The Buckeye Arawona is my primary kitchen knife. The osage Hunstman is my primary small/mid sized carry knife, and the osage Patch and stag mini-Loveless are my every day small carry knives in rotation. The mini Palmer was my first Surls knife, and it's so beautiful - the pic doesn't do it justice. The curly ash Patch just pops...almost glows, and I owe Phillip for that one. The ironwood on the Fighter is spectacular. The bog oaks are all slightly different in hue. The Raven recurve is just bad ass. My favorite of all of them though has to be the osage Patch. I couldn't part with most of them, but that would be the one I love the most.

Man, Tony, that is an awesome pic and an awesome collection. That Fighter and Raven and Patches, wow! What's the handle config on the Palmer? It looks pretty sweet. I feel as though I own the only Bog Oak Surls that isn't yours or Jerry's. :D

Jim, I really don't know what the handle is on the Palmer. It came to me as a "mystery burl", and I'd have to ask Allen to be sure. I do know that when I showed it to him last year he told me it was one of the "old school" Surls knives.

As for the bog oak, I admit Jerry and I have a thing for snatching those up fast. In fact, I think I still owe him a beer or bourbon for at least one of those in my collection.

Jim, I really don't know what the handle is on the Palmer. It came to me as a "mystery burl", and I'd have to ask Allen to be sure. I do know that when I showed it to him last year he told me it was one of the "old school" Surls knives.

As for the bog oak, I admit Jerry and I have a thing for snatching those up fast. In fact, I think I still owe him a beer or bourbon for at least one of those in my collection.

It's a sweet Palmer for sure. I couldn't tell if it was bolstered wood or synthetic. I don't have the greatest pair of eyes. In fact, one of them don't even work. :eek:

Instead of trying to get them all in, I decided to go with just my favorites.

Check out the different hues in the two bog oaks. And the difference in the Koa between the Arowana and the Raven. You can really see it in this pic.

Wow, great shots Tony and great collection. I can relate to not getting the shot set up the way you want. I was messing around trying to get a shot of my group last night and couldn't get it done. I may need a super wide angle lens.

Thanks Bill! Yeah, it's tough using a cell phone for this type of work.

Sending you a text in a few with some pics of that hatchet we discussed elsewhere.

Back