W.A. Surls Wednesday 11/16/2016

allen456

Thank you everyone for the support! It is truly a pleasure making knives for everyone.

I am really enjoying exploring new styles and doing more hidden tangs. It is nice to change things up every once in a while.

First "I'll take it" applies and please use a full description. Shipping CONUS is included. If outside CONUS, please add $45

Payments for W.A. Surls Knives to WASknives at gmail dot com please.

These will ship next Wednesday with the Fiddlebacks.

The knives.......
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

Jakyl with 416ss guard and rosewood spacer and pommel with American elk stag handle flat ground on 1/8" A2 with unsharpened swedge. Blade tip to guard is 4" with a 4" handle $325

Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

Rocky Mtn Nessmuk with double bolstered box elder burl around snakewood over black liners with white pinstripe flat ground on 1/8" A2 SFT $300

Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

New little hidden tang Nessmuk, yet to be named. This one features a sambar stag guard with natural micarta spacer and African blackwood handle. Flat ground 1/8" A2 $275. I love the guard on this thing! Exterior of the stag faces out towards the blade for a cool effect.

Last edited:
For Tony:
Jakyl with 416ss guard rosewood spacer and pommel with American elk stag handle flat ground on 1/8" A2

Allen,
Please for me:
Jakyl with 416ss guard and rosewood spacer and pommel with American elk stag handle flat ground on 1/8" A2 with unsharpened swedge. Blade tip to guard is 4" with a 4" handle $325
Tony

For Tony

I'll take for a friend please:

I think everyone has your back Tony! Well deserved and nicely done! Looks she is yours!

Love you guys!

Nathan, Nathan, and Jerry...beers on me! Or bourbons! Where we meeting up? I'll bring cigars too...

Hey...I was right behind Jerry! Pretty quick!

Seems like I'm back in the game. You gents better let me know when something comes up that you want...it's my turn to return the favor guys!

nice score Tony

that Rocky Mountain Nessmuk though....Very nice Allen

I have not seen that one before, that I can recall.

Phew, all I had time for was to post and run back to the kids ... thought I was bidding against Nathan there at first. Glad it was no conflict of interests there :D

Congrats Tony! Looks like it had your name all over it!

Congrats Tony, that's a special knife!

Gotta tell you, sometimes it's a blessing in disguise that I don't always get what I want. Right about the time my computer/internet system began to crap out, Allen posted a stunning stag handled knife with a blued blade that I wanted so badly...and I was too slow. Then I spotted this one in work-in-progress preview a couple weeks ago. And it is a better choice for me - if I had won the first one, I never would have been able to afford or justify getting this one. So thrilled.

The best part was hitting refresh and seeing that all these guys were sharking on my behalf. What a great bunch of guys!

Varga, this is the way they are. This group on here has had my back more times than I can count. It's a tremendous community of people.

Thanks!

Gotta tell you, sometimes it's a blessing in disguise that I don't always get what I want. Right about the time my computer/internet system began to crap out, Allen posted a stunning stag handled knife with a blued blade that I wanted so badly...and I was too slow. Then I spotted this one in work-in-progress preview a couple weeks ago. And it is a better choice for me - if I had won the first one, I never would have been able to afford or justify getting this one. So thrilled.

The best part was hitting refresh and seeing that all these guys were sharking on my behalf. What a great bunch of guys!

Varga, this is the way they are. This group on here has had my back more times than I can count. It's a tremendous community of people.

Thanks!

I have been on the receiving end of some of these guys generosity and goodwill , you included Sir already. You're absolutely right!
Douglas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The dimensions on the little nessmuk are 7" overall and 3" from tip to guard.

We outsiders have little chance against insider activity.

With all due respect, please no sour grapes! Fiddleback Forge, WASurls, and Osprey K&T knives can be found in more than a few internet knife shops. Most of which share a presence here in the forums. Then there's the "what's available now " sub forum. Not to mention the Flea Markets. You can always make a call to Phillip at fiddleback forge if you're looking for a particular style/version of a knife. I'm relatively new here and have never once felt like an outsider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Allen I'll take the little hidden tang Nesmuk, if still available. Congrats on a sweet knife Tony! I missed all the action, I was busy at work last night.

Thanks Allen! I really like the Blackwood and stag guard combo.:thumbup::)

Back