W.A. Surls Wednesday 11/16/2016

With all due respect, please no sour grapes! Fiddleback Forge, WASurls, and Osprey K&T knives can be found in more than a few internet knife shops. Most of which share a presence here in the forums. Then there's the "what's available now " sub forum. Not to mention the Flea Markets. You can always make a call to Phillip at fiddleback forge if you're looking for a particular style/version of a knife. I'm relatively new here and have never once felt like an outsider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please only call me w/ Fiddleback inquiries.:thumbup:

We outsiders have little chance against insider activity.

Welcome! Jump in, the water's fine!! In my opinion and likely everyone else's here, there is no such thing as an outsider. If you're a fan of the knives and have done at least one post so the community is aware of you, you're part of the fold. This goes for WAS, Fiddleback, OKT and the rest of the family. Tony simply expressed an interest weeks ago, he's been having ISP issues so folks are lending a hand. If you want something and need a hand, just say so or drop a PM and I'm certain it will be well received.

If you can't be present for the Wed thread unlock time, Allen usually posts his knives on Fotki about an hour beforehand during his thread prep and before his thread preview comes up. You can check out Fotki pics ( http://public.fotki.com/WASknives/blades/ )and drop a note in the ongoing Wed thread ( http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1258845-WAS-Wednsday-Sale-Thread ) or drop a PM or 4 to folks and ask for help. People do it all the time if they're on the road, travelling or out of pocket for some reason. Just reach out and use your friends here.

The only time it gets sticky (at least for me) is when I already wanted something and someone asks for help to get it. Or, when a couple different people ask for help on the same thing. At that point, you just have to go with the honor system and the first person who asked and then everyone just has to keep with being friendly and not having any hard feelings. After all, the knife you want may just end up being availalbe as a catch & release.

You can also ping someone if they got something you were interested in and let them know of your interest. I have a list of my knives and there's a "Leads" column. In that leads column I have people's names who sent a PM or note to let them know if I ever want to sell it -or- names of others who bid on the knife in a sale thread but didn't get it. Then if I ever change my mind, I have names to check with before putting something up in the Flea Market.

Here to help,
Jerry

We outsiders have little chance against insider activity.

What Jerry said. Perfect. Ask for help, and this group will jump. Let me know anytime you see something you'd like me to go for. I'm happy to help.

And I must say at the risk of throwing fire onto this, your comment would have more weight to it if you had actually tried to claim something. The thread opened at 8:30. Your comment didn't post until 11:53 pm. I would empathize with your position more if you had actually tried to claim the knife.

Plus, every claim on a knife after the first one is moot. Ya gotta beat the first guy - and only the first guy - not every one that follows him, regardless of the proxy system.

Feel free to contact me via PM if you'd like to talk more. I don't like cluttering Allen or Andy's threads with things like this. I'd be glad to talk. Seriously. Shoot me a message.

Tony

Back