• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Wacky Ebay seller....

This is how I received a $200 knife today. It got here OK, so I guess I can't complain to much, but can't believe someone mailed an item that expensive in an old raisin box. :)

kD0hMim.jpg

BgRbnqZ.jpg

rxsbMGP.jpg

Had a similar case where I bought a replacement fine mesh filter, and the seller just shipped it in the retail box it came in...no surprise it was half crushed when it showed up. But that was only like $8 and the seller refunded the money.

If you haven't packed anything before, you may be a bit in the dark. My early days were certainly not my finest hour, and this certainly was not his.
I once received a fixed blade from a maker(international) loose in a shipping envelope with no sheath of any kind-what could go wrong???

Last edited:
If you haven't packed anything before, you may be a bit in the dark.
This kind of smacks of "ignorance of the law is no excuse." :rolleyes: I would certainly be in the dark about the specifics of Quantum Theory but NOT how to package a knife. ;) Sorry Peter.

This kind of smacks of "ignorance of the law is no excuse." :rolleyes: I would certainly be in the dark about the specifics of Quantum Theory but NOT how to package a knife. ;) Sorry Peter.
Comment, not excuse-as I said not his finest hour, and he certainly could be held responsible for any problems. It isn't a steep learning curve, But we all learned somewhere. I learned a lot from the forums. At this point I could pack a knife in a raisin box and it would be perfectly secure. Would that be my choice, no
We weren't born with a knowledge of free priority boxes and how to tape them so they don't open in transit as well as other packing materials. If you are not exposed to any of this your choices may be poor.
If he looses a package, he may learn real quick

A Chinese student in Finland decided to sell Finish knives on eBay to raise some bucks, but there were two problems: 1) He used one picture for several different knives , and the wood on what you got was not nearly as nice as what he pictured; 2) he mailed the knives totally unwrapped in ordinary paper business envelopes - from Finland to the U.S.

One arrived due to lots and lots of tape from the Finnish Posti - bless them. The other envelope had a cocoon of U.S. tape and only a sheath. He thought it would be "fair' to refund half the cost of the knife and none of the delivery fee.

He seems to have gone back to China.

While I was stationed in Italy (~2000), some jackleg from this forum or the other one (it doesn't matter now) sent me a Gerber Guardian, just totally loose in a Priority box, the ones that used to be the right size for a video cassette. It made it but DAMN! I always pack stuff and tape the living crap out of the box, I try to make stuff bomb proof, so it kinda chaps my butt when people do that.

This is how I received a $200 knife today. It got here OK, so I guess I can't complain to much, but can't believe someone mailed an item that expensive in an old raisin box. :)

kD0hMim.jpg

BgRbnqZ.jpg

rxsbMGP.jpg
I learned a couple of things here , there are seedless raisins ? And you are supposed to refrigerate raisins after opening Iv'e been doing it wrong all this time . :confused:

This was a seller with almost 2800 feedbacks, so guessing they've packaged a few items before. I'm actually surprised the Post Office accepted it with the box bar code uncovered. My local P.O. won't.

I had a member here ship me a Swamprat Rattlehawk sans sheath, in a soft envelope! The sharpened beard and spike were poking out to try and slice my mail lady when she handed it to me.

UPVTIcJ.jpg

Back