Wallet breaking cards

I have a medium bi-fold that is the newer design(bought 6/15/12) and it has broken 3 cards. Not sure that another one would be any different?

Write to them, and send photos if possible, and they'll take care of you.

When you say it's breaking the cards, I assume you mean that the part of the card that protrudes above the stitching of each layer (basically, along the swipe strip). I don't own this particular wallet, but I really don't think its this particular wallet's fault; I've experienced this problem with numerous wallets of similar design.

Three ways to resolve the issue:
1. Carry it in your front pocket; or
2. Put more than one or two cards in each slot; or
3. Purchase a wallet without individual card slots (my current wallet):

11719752865_bdee19f781_c.jpg

Though you are right in assuming the portion that sticks out breaks, in SBL's case it was apparently a faulty design - the lining was too firm and the card would bend over. So you had horizontal breaks in the card starting at both ends (of the card). They solved it by softening the lining (used a thinner soft leather), and now even better the pockets are curved with the same soft leather.

I have never had a wallet crack or break plastic cards and I have so many I carry two wallets. I wonder if too many cards in one wallet might be the real issue. I should mention the wallets are not the brand being discussed

I have had my tobacco medium bi fold for 2 years now (carrying it every day) with no issues until just now. I just noticed that two of my cards are starting to crack along the sides under the bar/magnet strip. I am certain it is recent because I just reorganized my wallet a month or so ago and had no cracked cards.

I guess I will have to contact them and see what they can do.

Back