Water, Wind and Fire!

waynorth

Dealer / Materials Provider
Winner!! Post #43 pistonsandgears!!!

Storms! High Wind and Water, and Earthquakes!! Forest Fires and Smoke! It's been quite a year in North America thus far!:eek: I certainly hope we get a more peaceful Fall and Winter!!
I present to you here a distraction from the turmoil that swirls around us, and I pray for the people that are suffering the effects of Earth's ailments.:(
Tough rules:
>You must be a supporter of the Traditional Forums, having posted some pictures for us to enjoy, and having shared some info and/or stories.
>You must give all of us your word that you are not seeking this knife to resell it!
>You must be old enough to be within the local laws to get this knife!
I will choose the winner, with the help of two other members here, in a fair and equitable manner, for this is indeed a Giveaway!! One week only!!
>One post only please!! Extra credit for a picture of your TCs!!:D
When GEC built my TC Sheepfoot Barlows there were enough parts left over, except for handles, to make ten knives! Bill made this Storm Bone, a kind of Gray Appaloosa that looks like a smoky or stormy sky! It will always remind me of this year, because the smoke from the forest fires came across our fair city here, while we listened to hurricane devastation further south!
I give you One of Ten, Storm Bone Sheepfoot Barlows!!:)
Sept GA 1.jpg Sept GA 2.jpg

Last edited:
Count me in. I will Keep that one.
UewjqR5.jpg

Beautiful knives, this is very generous of you.
Best of luck to everyone who enters. :)

(not an entry, obviously)

Last edited:
Not an entry! :p But I just can't resist posting this scarce 2 blade Copperhead from the very 1st release of the popular TC's! :D:D
VERY Generous of you Charlie!:thumbsup: Thank You for ALL you do around here and for the knife community in general. :cool::cool: I promise mine is not going anywhere!!;)

Sweet Beads!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

IMG_1648.JPG

IMG_1649.JPG

Dave

Last edited:
Not an entry, and I don't have a TC Barlow to post a photo of, but thanks for the cool GAW, Charlie! :cool::thumbsup:
That's a good-looking knife you're so generously putting up for grabs! :thumbsup::cool:
Best wishes to all the entrants! :D
And +5K to Charlie's prayer below!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I present to you here a distraction from the turmoil that swirls around us, and I pray for the people that are suffering the effects of Earth's ailments.

- GT

Charlie thank you for your generosity! I echo what Dave said, a Thank You for ALL you do around here and for the knife community in general! If I were to become the proud owner of one of these rare Storm Bone Sheepfoot TC Barlows it will be keeping company with the others and I assure you they are not going anywhere! And here is one Sheepfoot that is extra special to me. This Sheepfoot with your special Walnut is one that I got from our buddy Primble. This photo is actually his also. :D

33185596071_7356bae542_b_d.jpg

That is a beauty Charlie! Very generous and exceptional gift for some lucky member. This pattern turned me into a sheepfoot fanatic! My most carried example below, and one of very few knives of mine with a pet name.

"Ol' Dimple"; a factory second due to a mark in the cover:
44Qt027.jpg

Still, all your barlows are fantastic, and here's one of my fav's from 2013; I love the woodies and this is a Che Chen Rosewood example:

SOIWPLl.jpg

Another of 2012 vintage:

IhdggIO.jpg

not an entry

I’ll go in on this one. Admittedly not a blind lover of Barlow’s, I do like the sheepsfoot ones. I could use it along with my fixies for sure.

I don’t have any TC’s, so can’t share a photo. But some good looking knives shared by all.

I continue to pray for those affected by Harvey, Irma, Maria and maybe even Lee, and those affected by the fires, and the earthquakes in Mexico. It’s been a tough year for the northern hemisphere, especially this western part of it. Starting with the Louisiana floods last August (2016, which flooded my home and taught me many lessons in faith in the lord and patience). I pray that the end of this dumpster fire of a year (and a half or so) is nearly over!

Thanks for the opportunity, Charlie!

*edit*. Let me add that I do not sell knives given to me. I might give one away, but even that is rare.

Thanks for the opportunity and for all you do on Bladeforums. I'd post a picture, but I don't have a TC. I don't sell my knives and I'd never trade a knife that was a gift.

Your generosity never ceases! What a cool knife.

I finally came to terms with not carrying / using some of my knives to keep them for posterity and I decided to put up my most recent TC Sheepfoot in red sawcut. I've had and moved along a good # of TCs when it was necessary, so I decided I needed to keep one pristine alongside my original user TC Sheepfoot.

OYrB7uT.jpg

I'd definitely like to have such a unique knife. I'm in.

I would love to be in on this giveaway, however I don't own any form of GEC knife let alone TC to post a picture of for extra credit.
I would not think to sell such a knife when it's so unique and I don't even own a GEC knife yet.

I hope everyone here was able to stay safe through all that's been happening.

I'm in

P_20170924_185055.jpg

My only GEC next to my only Barlow, a 1951 Western thrift store rescue. The 73 isn't a "TC" barlow, but it is a "T"idioute "C"utlery hehe... and as you can see from the patina on the blade AND osage covers, it gets a lot of pocket love, as will your 1 of 10 Tom's Choice. If you don't want it to get used don't give it to me, because even as a collector I believe knives are tools, and if you wont use it as such (at least with a pocket slip), it's worthless. :)

Wow, what a special knife and amazing giveaway! Thanks for your generosity, Charlie. I am very much in and would certainly not sell it were I fortunate enough to win.

Here's a photo of a TC and the old Schrade that was in my pocket today. Note the expert longpull modification on the Schrade :D.

36588934384_703cae0da2_o.jpg

Back