1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

WE Vaquita fixed blade

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by madcap_magician, May 16, 2018.

1. madcap_magician

madcap_magician Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 27, 2005
    Saw this on BHQ tonight and never heard of it before. It looks like some sort of mini-kukri neck knife. Great materials and probably good fit and finish, but the pictures make it impossible to tell how big it really is- it's only 6", but the scale on it could be a much larger knife. From the pictures, it could be 6" or 24". Hard to see how a 6" mini-knife with those proportions might fit in hand.

Anyone know anything? It's kind of cool in an odd way, and for high-hardness S35VN and carbon fiber, $108 is a good deal.

2. Eazy_tom

Eazy_tom

Jul 15, 2008
    While I haven't used it, the picture with the bottle cap is to scale the size of the knife, it seems its similar in size to an esee izula.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SharpieB likes this.
  3. dropback

dropback Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 15, 2017
    There is a video about this knife on the birdshot IV channel.

4. b00n

b00n Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2016
    I echoed the same sentiment as other people, cool design I'd buy it if it was a larger knife but as a mini kukri neck knife it's not for me.

5. XtianAus

XtianAus Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2016
    ^ Agreed. A slightly bigger version would be awesome. It is just to small. Needs a 4.5" blade or there abouts for me.

6. ponykid

ponykid

Sep 14, 2015
    it is cool but as stated the handle is so damn small . I would give up some blade for more handle . The Kuhkri design is purposed as a chopper and you aren't gonna be chopping with that little guy so there doesn't seem to be an advantage. as a conversation piece its cool though

7. madcap_magician

Feb 27, 2005
    Thanks for that!

Yeah, the handle is wayyyy too small to be usable. It's an interesting curiosity though.

8. dirc

dirc

Jan 31, 2018
    I have to admit, as a neck knife, I really like the idea... more blade, great steel, and the kukri ergos (even while tiny) work excellent for ropes/seatbelts/cardboard and even food slicing... I want to get one to test it.

I'd likely end up trying to get a 4 inch wood handle put on it, I think the amount of steel available would work for that, and make it really much more useful. You think it should work out?

ShannonSteelLabs likes this.
  9. anthonycastorena2014

anthonycastorena2014

Nov 27, 2014
    ..... I don’t know weather I love it or hate it :confused:

madcap_magician likes this.
  10. Comeuppance

Comeuppance Fixed Blade EDC Emisssary Gold Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Looks like an awkward blade shape and a 3-finger grip. Neat as it looks, I don’t see much use for it beyond novelty.

11. LX_Emergency

LX_Emergency KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 28, 2007
    If the handle/blade sizes were reversed I might like it. The design is very cool....but when I found out the size I was like "Are they crazy?"

12. ShannonSteelLabs

ShannonSteelLabs KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 9, 2015
    Damn didnt know it was that small. Cool design though.

madcap_magician and b00n like this.
  13. madcap_magician

Feb 27, 2005
    Reminds me a bit of the H&K Mk23. Nothing on that pistol that a 16" barrel and a collapsing buttstock couldn't fix.

Nothing wrong with this knife that being three times bigger wouldn't fix.

14. JrFreak

JrFreak

Mar 26, 2012
    My thoughts exactly... 4.5" or so blade and 7ish OA would be perfect.

XtianAus likes this.
  15. 99cuts

99cuts

Apr 18, 2013
    Got mine today.

It carries very well in the front pocket in its sheath. The fit & finish is amazing: 2-tone blade & CF scales makes the knife eye-catching. Its size makes it sheeple-friendly. It can't be your dedicated fixed blade but can be a fun bbq / steak-dinner knife, or edc fixed blade.

The Whip likes this.
  16. b00n

Dec 15, 2016

It's a knife for ants, that's what it is. :D

17. abcdef

abcdef

Oct 28, 2005
    Fun to sharpen.

18. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    WE Kukri for wee people with wee tiny whittle hands ! :)

19. unwisefool

unwisefool Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2007
    That seems to be a very long video for such a small knife

20. b00n

Dec 15, 2016
    Get a bigger screen to watch it on, it'll look like a totally different knife. :rolleyes::D

unwisefool likes this.