WE Vaquita fixed blade

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by madcap_magician, May 16, 2018.

1. ChrisT

ChrisT

Nov 27, 2019
    Hi all, I recently purchased this knife on Blade HQ and came up with an idea to help with the small short handle. As the knife already has a small hole at the vey end of the handle, it was easy to add a pair of small double split rings and a metal key ring to slip my pinky finger into. Now it’s easy to deploy as well as providing a point where I can apply finger tension to create stability. Plus retention is enhanced with the karambit style finger loop.

2. ChrisT

ChrisT

Nov 27, 2019

3. dirc

dirc

Jan 31, 2018
    pics?

4. bflying

bflying Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2014
    The Vaquita is way fun for novelty. But needs a few tweaks to make it useable. The biggie for me is the risk for finger damage where the front grip choil and plunge line meet. The best fix would be to simply move the plunge line forward (obviously new production only), leaving full stock thickness for finger at front of grip.

The short awkward grip is common with smallish neckers. But I think it "looks" spectacular the way it is. Would benefit greatly by a thick, stiff lanyard/fob to artificially add grip length.

Mine will probably get a bunch of pocket time for the holiday party circuit....along with my fun little Boker San You Go. Goes with me to every gathering where I could potentially get saddled with a kitchen prep helper duty.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pretty sure my Holiday carry will consist of some variation from this pool.

[​IMG]

GlockMonster30 and DocJD like this.
  5. ChrisT

ChrisT

Nov 27, 2019
  6. ChrisT

ChrisT

Nov 27, 2019
  7. ChrisT

ChrisT

Nov 27, 2019
    [​IMG] sorry for delayed reply

8. dirc

dirc

Jan 31, 2018
    let me help: )
    [​IMG]

9. evilgreg

evilgreg Why so serious? Gold Member

Dec 25, 2012
    That knife is strange enough that I sort of want one now. Like a kukri for infants.

10. ChrisT

ChrisT

Nov 27, 2019
    thanks