WE Vaquita fixed blade

Saw this on BHQ tonight and never heard of it before. It looks like some sort of mini-kukri neck knife. Great materials and probably good fit and finish, but the pictures make it impossible to tell how big it really is- it's only 6", but the scale on it could be a much larger knife. From the pictures, it could be 6" or 24". Hard to see how a 6" mini-knife with those proportions might fit in hand.

Anyone know anything? It's kind of cool in an odd way, and for high-hardness S35VN and carbon fiber, $108 is a good deal.

Hi all, I recently purchased this knife on Blade HQ and came up with an idea to help with the small short handle. As the knife already has a small hole at the vey end of the handle, it was easy to add a pair of small double split rings and a metal key ring to slip my pinky finger into. Now it’s easy to deploy as well as providing a point where I can apply finger tension to create stability. Plus retention is enhanced with the karambit style finger loop.

Hi all, I recently purchased this knife on Blade HQ and came up with an idea to help with the small short handle. As the knife already has a small hole at the vey end of the handle, it was easy to add a pair of small double split rings and a metal key ring to slip my pinky finger into. Now it’s easy to deploy as well as providing a point where I can apply finger tension to create stability. Plus retention is enhanced with the karambit style finger loop.

The Vaquita is way fun for novelty. But needs a few tweaks to make it useable. The biggie for me is the risk for finger damage where the front grip choil and plunge line meet. The best fix would be to simply move the plunge line forward (obviously new production only), leaving full stock thickness for finger at front of grip.

The short awkward grip is common with smallish neckers. But I think it "looks" spectacular the way it is. Would benefit greatly by a thick, stiff lanyard/fob to artificially add grip length.

Mine will probably get a bunch of pocket time for the holiday party circuit....along with my fun little Boker San You Go. Goes with me to every gathering where I could potentially get saddled with a kitchen prep helper duty.

trHGi6G.jpg

qWxVePy.jpg

NmRpLqp.jpg

TxVhjqX.jpg

rz7kkmX.jpg

Pretty sure my Holiday carry will consist of some variation from this pool.

QGi4Jz5.jpg

That knife is strange enough that I sort of want one now. Like a kukri for infants.

Back