We were all new here once

I do, I have no media app to post them yet tho, if there is another way to upload photos I'm all ears
There’s an issue posting images directly across all members at the moment, so I think everybody is resorting to image hosting sites. A lot of folks are using imgur.com, it I find it kinda klugy. I use postimage.org. It’s free and pretty easy to use. Whatever site you use, most of them have a way to copy a direct link to your image. Just paste that link in between img tags in your post, and you’re good to go.

There’s an issue posting images directly across all members at the moment, so I think everybody is resorting to image hosting sites. A lot of folks are using imgur.com, it I find it kinda klugy. I use postimage.org. It’s free and pretty easy to use. Whatever site you use, most of them have a way to copy a direct link to your image. Just paste that link in between img tags in your post, and you’re good to go.
Alright I'll look into it! Thanks

Long time lurker.... Hey guys, I been collecting knives for a while now, but not as serious as I been lately. Usually average one or two per month maybe. Then I realized I musta ordered more than 50 in the last couple of months from cheapos to pricier ones. Maybe it is something in the air? or water? Or maybe its me getting too old? Whatever it is, its getting out of hand enough for me to start thinking about selling some of them. So here I am, finally registering on bladeforum. And in for the penny in for the pound.. guess I am paying for membership. lol

Long time lurker.... Hey guys, I been collecting knives for a while now, but not as serious as I been lately. Usually average one or two per month maybe. Then I realized I musta ordered more than 50 in the last couple of months from cheapos to pricier ones. Maybe it is something in the air? or water? Or maybe its me getting too old? Whatever it is, its getting out of hand enough for me to start thinking about selling some of them. So here I am, finally registering on bladeforum. And in for the penny in for the pound.. guess I am paying for membership. lol
Welcome and congrats on making it official!

Huh I didn’t know that, I thought it was just me. Last pic I uploaded, it said I reached my limit, so I deleted some old pictures and then it let me post more, without using a third party site…

Hello to everyone. My knife history, simplified in this picture. I had a Mauser 108mm as well, but alas, it was either lost or stolen.

Current lineup is my trusted Outward Bound, Kershaw Ken Onion and the newest pickup, the Harkins Triton OTF from Masters of Defense. My cousin, whom I had no idea was a serious knife collector, presented me with the Harkins Triton a few weeks back. I have since fallen down the rabbit hole.

I'm a book reader. Any books about the history of knives so I can whet my beak, so to speak :)

Have a nice Easter to those who celebrate. Thank you.

Attachments

• TempKnifeAvatar.jpg
    TempKnifeAvatar.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 3
Hello to everyone. My knife history, simplified in this picture. I had a Mauser 108mm as well, but alas, it was either lost or stolen.

Current lineup is my trusted Outward Bound, Kershaw Ken Onion and the newest pickup, the Harkins Triton OTF from Masters of Defense. My cousin, whom I had no idea was a serious knife collector, presented me with the Harkins Triton a few weeks back. I have since fallen down the rabbit hole.

I'm a book reader. Any books about the history of knives so I can whet my beak, so to speak :)

Have a nice Easter to those who celebrate. Thank you.
Welcome aboard! Here’s one from our own Larrin Larrin that you might find interesting.

And happy Easter to you as well. 🐣

I just registered. I am looking for some guidance on how to handle a collection I have been asked to liquidate.
I found several with rust. I am hoping to find out if I should clean them, if yes then how?
I appreciate any guidance you can offer, first off where should I be for these question? Thanks

I just registered. I am looking for some guidance on how to handle a collection I have been asked to liquidate.
I found several with rust. I am hoping to find out if I should clean them, if yes then how?
I appreciate any guidance you can offer, first off where should I be for these question? Thanks

Welcome to Bladeforums Sparks24. Many have come here in the same situation.

First, don't do anything to the knives until you find out exactly what you have. Improper cleaning of old, valuable knives can reduce their value.

Next, to find out what you have (if you don't exactly know), I'd recommend that you start a thread here in General Discussion, with a thread title like "Help me identify inherited collection" or similar, and post pictures of the knives. The members here are very knowledgeable and will help you identify them if that's something you need. Depending on how many knives you have I might recommend putting several knives in a single picture, but not so many that we can't clearly see them. It also helps a lot to show any writing that is stamped or etched on the blades. To start a new thread in any subforum here at Bladeforums click on the orange "post thread" button that appears in the upper right hand corner of the first page of the subforum.

Now if you want to ask for the dollar value of the knives, or if you would like to post them for sale here on this forum, you will need to purchase a Gold membership or higher. It costs $30 for 12 months and also allows you to post pictures directly from your computer as well as send and receive private messages with other members. To learn more about becoming a Gold member click on "Paid Subscriptions" in the dark blue strip across the top of the screen.

Although you cannot ask for dollar value at your current membership level, the members here can give you an idea if you have a valuable collection of knives, or a collection that is not of much value, without discussing dollar amounts.

As for selling knives here at Bladeforums, there is a "for sale" section called "the Exchange". You can find that by clicking on "Knife Exchange" also in the blue strip.

In order to post pictures at your current membership level you need to use a photo hosting site like Imgur.com. If you've never used Imgur here is a tutorial I created, it's pretty easy (even I can do it)- https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/we-were-all-new-here-once.1010696/page-96#post-22160861

Last edited:
I’ve been a ‘free’ member here for over two years and was having fun mostly just looking at people’s knife pics and posting pics from my own collection and discussing knives in general.
The only catch was, to post my own knife photos, I couldn’t just browse my device and upload the pics, I had to use an outside image hosting site, the most popular and easiest to use for BF seemed to be Imgur which I was successfully using all along.

Then a couple months back Imgur appeared to stop working as an image hosting site and seemed like it was mostly just dopey memes and videos.

So I figured the next best step was to grab the Gold Membership since I’m happy to support BF but I’ve been unclear if that upgrade would include the ability to simply upload images from my device direct to my post here.

Anyone know if I’m going wrong here and can straighten me out? Thanks

I’ve been a ‘free’ member here for over two years and was having fun mostly just looking at people’s knife pics and posting pics from my own collection and discussing knives in general.
The only catch was, to post my own knife photos, I couldn’t just browse my device and upload the pics, I had to use an outside image hosting site, the most popular and easiest to use for BF seemed to be Imgur which I was successfully using all along.

Then a couple months back Imgur appeared to stop working as an image hosting site and seemed like it was mostly just dopey memes and videos.

So I figured the next best step was to grab the Gold Membership since I’m happy to support BF but I’ve been unclear if that upgrade would include the ability to simply upload images from my device direct to my post here.

Anyone know if I’m going wrong here and can straighten me out? Thanks

As a Gold member you are supposed to be able to post pictures directly from your computer, but I don't know exactly how. I was using Imgur before I became a paying member, I've always found it easy enough, so I never bothered to learn any other way.

Imgur is working just fine for me. I've been using it for years without difficulty. I use it regularly (for free).

Like this-

LNtvUjx.jpg

Last edited:
As a Gold member you are supposed to be able to post pictures directly from your computer, but I don't know exactly how. I was using Imgur before I became a paying member, I've always found it easy enough, so I never bothered to learn any other way.

Imgur is working just fine for me. I've been using it for years without difficulty. I use it regularly (for free).

Like this-

LNtvUjx.jpg

Imgur used to work great for me but it totally changed trying on either an iPad or Android tablet. I used to click on the elephant in the upper right corner then be prompted to browse and upload my image. Now, the elephant now longer shows upload and in fact I can’t find anywhere on the site to upload images even though I did fine for two years. How are you getting to the upload image part?

Imgur used to work great for me but it totally changed trying on either an iPad or Android tablet. I used to click on the elephant in the upper right corner then be prompted to browse and upload my image. Now, the elephant now longer shows upload and in fact I can’t find anywhere on the site to upload images even though I did fine for two years. How are you getting to the upload image part?

Check the post of mine right above your previous one (a few posts above, #2016). I linked a tutorial I made (with pictures) for using Imgur, I revised it recently due to changes Imgur made in their process for uploading pics. That tutorial described exactly how I use Imgur to post pics.

Last edited:
Back