Website Assistance Request

I'm working on the SURVIVE! website today so I have two requests:

1: Please let me know if you know if any typos.

2: What stands out as an obvious difference between the old and new spec knives? I am working on listing out the differences for the supplies page but I don't want it to be too wordy. What really stands out the most for each of you?

I'm working on the SURVIVE! website today so I have two requests:

1: Please let me know if you know if any typos.

2: What stands out as an obvious difference between the old and new spec knives? I am working on listing out the differences for the supplies page but I don't want it to be too wordy. What really stands out the most for each of you?

1. "of" any typos

Sorry - couldn't resist :)

The fastener hardware and blade finish are the two most obvious changes from pre starter knives to starter knives. When you click on the new hardware pages (screws/handles/etc), it might be a good idea to mention that they are not backwards compatible... seems pretty self explanatory but so do a lot of things people seem confused about hey-o!!

I'll be on the lookout for typos, none so far!

Last edited:
I agree w/redwood with the addition of the handle swells. Maybe also a description that the finish isn't a coating and how it's actually done. It almost looks coated to me but I know it's just the way it's done

The fastener hardware and blade finish are the two most obvious changes from pre starter knives to starter knives. When you click on the new hardware pages (screws/handles/etc), it might be a good idea to mention that they are not backwards compatible... seems pretty self explanatory but so do a lot of things people seem confused about hey-o!!

I'll be on the lookout for typos, none so far!

Duh, of course the fasteners!

I agree w/redwood with the addition of the handle swells. Maybe also a description that the finish isn't a coating and how it's actually done. It almost looks coated to me but I know it's just the way it's done

I definitely included the bit about it not actually being a coating, we have had a few people ask about it.

Here is where I'm at so far:
http://surviveknives.com/supplies/

Ellie,

I think pomel has two m's [pommel] last word of the old spec description

Paragraph beginning with "New spec", second to the last sentence, change spelling to "perimeter".
Ditto on "pommel".

And as long as you are working on the website, please update the description for the GSO 7/7 to reflect that it is in production.
http://surviveknives.com/knives/gso-series/
This page still describes the knife as being available for ordering, although the title says that it is in production.

Duh, of course the fasteners!

I definitely included the bit about it not actually being a coating, we have had a few people ask about it.

Here is where I'm at so far:

From the first paragraph in your link:

SUPPLIES
Couldn't decide which color handles to get? Need and extra sheath? We'll get you squared away in no time with our long list of factory options.

Change "and" to "an".

Very nice work so far, it is looking great!!! I agree with mentioning that the peened finish is not a coating.

Thanks team! Keep 'em coming. If I don't get to them today, I will still add them to the to do list for the next time I'm working on the website.

Are you looking for punctuation/grammar in general? There's some spots that should probably have commas or whatnot, but I didn't want to be overly critical if it's not what you're going for.

An "About Us" section would be kind of cool. People would be able to understand that you're a 3 person show and not a bunch of robots that mass produce chunks of metal without any error.
It seems like a few of the complainers in other threads had no idea that you're a small team of human beings that live regular lives and have problems like the rest of us.

I'll also add that I couldn't find anything related to HATS anywhere.

The only typo I have found is in the round cut patch. The issue is that there is an extra I in ship. "Patches shiip with." That's all I saw so good luck with anything else!

An "About Us" section would be kind of cool. People would be able to understand that you're a 3 person show and not a bunch of robots that mass produce chunks of metal without any error.
It seems like a few of the complainers in other threads had no idea that you're a small team of human beings that live regular lives and have problems like the rest of us.

I'll also add that I couldn't find anything related to HATS anywhere.

The "about us" section is a great idea, a lot of companies have something like that. It doesn't have to be overly personal, but letting knew folks know how it is could be a great idea.

Oh man, bro! You said the H word now your 4.7 is bumped to the back of the queue :D

Good catch, Wester!

The major points of change that I found relatively important were:

1. Blade finish was changed to increase corrosion resistance
2. Spine is sharpened and can be used on a firesteel.
3. Heat treat is optimized for edge retention and corrosion resistence on 3v blades.
4. Fasteners were change for a more uniform aesthetic.

I think these are correct but i'm not 100 percent sure.

Last edited:
awesome changes. i was finally able to order a sheath that i should've just ordered with my 5.1. now i can get a universal kydex extension 2 from chiralgolem.

impo, i don't think the "very" i necessary in the "very contoured" description. maybe "ergonomically contoured".

Sorry for the confusing handle. When I joined BF back in '08, username "chiral" was taken, so I added a second part.
Chiral is a nickname from college - some classmates found it sufficiently similar to but easier to pronounce than my last name. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chirality
Grolim - some highschool classmates were fans of fantasy author David Eddings, evidently they imagined me as one of the villains, a "grolim" with a name that was, again, considered sufficiently similar to my own. http://davideddings.wikia.com/wiki/Chamdar

Back