Website Assistance Request

Exactly. If the brains of our operation couldn't make it to the bottom of the page, I don't stand a chance! :D

I really hope I'm not the only one that missed the FAQ thread this whole time! I might have to reevaluate myself as being a semi-smart individual! Maybe I'll blame my mom's genes this time considering she's a blonde and she has quite a few of her Duhh moments!

I'll admit to getting sidetracked before getting to the bottom of the page. It might even help to have another tab on the top runner, so that when someone clicks it takes you to the bottom of the home page, the same as if you pressed the 'End' button. Then you'd have the option to click on whatever information tabs you were after.

Knives - Supplies - Gear - Production Schedule - Information

Last edited:
Its OCD I know...but you asked...

Home/Knives/Factory 2nds
----high quality=high-quality

Home/Supplies
Under Old Spec
----SURVIVE! Start = SURVIVE! Starter

Home/Supplies/New Spec (After 2015)
----revisions, as well = revisions; as well
----flat finished = flat-finished

Home/Supplies/Old Spec (Before 2015)/Handles
----SURVIVE! Knife = SURVIVE! knife

Home/Gear
----updated --> we're pleased to now offer items from a few other quality-oriented companies
----often, this = often: this

Home/Gear/Rite in the Rain
----tough quality = tough, quality
----SURVIVE! Knife = SURVIVE! knife (I'm assuming these are auto caps because "knife" follows the "!")

Home/Production Schedule
----We do not have guaranteed delivery dates for preordered knives. --> Size 50 font (j/k :))

Last edited:
Am I allowed to say this is getting funnier by the post? You guys crack me up!

Am I allowed to say this is getting funnier by the post? You guys crack me up!

I do believe that is allowed :)

Ellie, the site is looking really good. I was just at the new spec/old spec page and the bullet points look great without being in a table. I think it flows with the look of the rest of the site and I easy to read. Keep up the good work :thumbup:

Last edited:
I agree with Silver, the overall design looks great. Also, it comes across very professional. Very nice work sister.

I do believe that is allowed :)

Ellie, the site is looking really good. I was just at the new spec/old spec page and three bullet points look great without being in a table. I think it flows with the look of the rest of the site and I easy to read. Keep up the good work :thumbup:

I agree with Silver, the overall design looks great. Also, it comes across very professional. Very nice work sister.

Thanks! It has definitely been a team effort. We use BigCommerce for the platform so we are tied to their back end. The front end design was done by a group, Elegant Seagulls. Guy just gave them a wants/needs list and it went from there. The descriptions are usually a joint effort between Guy and myself. He knows the designs (obviously) and I am usually the one adding the little details: sheath thumb press, 416 stainless fasteners, etc.

I know uou have some little
Buttons for facebook, pinterest and some other social media, but a Social Media section with actual links to Bladeforums, instagram, facebook and the rest may benefit you. I can tell you that you can drum up a lot of customers by pushing those media outlets. I might even suggest putting a card or writing a "Visit us at www.bladeforums.com/blahblahblah" directing people to the subforum, instagram, facebook whatever may be a good idea.

I saw different dates on when the 5.1's started production and I wasn't sure if on the production schedule you wanted to stick with the 3-6 months for things to be produced. Hopefully you realize I'm not challenging you or complaining, but if that time frame was adjusted it might cut down on confusion and whining. Now that you're through the 5.1's, maybe 3-6 months is still accurate, I'm just thinking out loud :)

I saw different dates on when the 5.1's started production and I wasn't sure if on the production schedule you wanted to stick with the 3-6 months for things to be produced. Hopefully you realize I'm not challenging you or complaining, but if that time frame was adjusted it might cut down on confusion and whining. Now that you're through the 5.1's, maybe 3-6 months is still accurate, I'm just thinking out loud :)
I've been thinking the same thing, so I'm glad that Silver was the one to mention it. :)

I know uou have some little
Buttons for facebook, pinterest and some other social media, but a Social Media section with actual links to Bladeforums, instagram, facebook and the rest may benefit you. I can tell you that you can drum up a lot of customers by pushing those media outlets. I might even suggest putting a card or writing a "Visit us at www.bladeforums.com/blahblahblah" directing people to the subforum, instagram, facebook whatever may be a good idea.

Drumming up customers is the last of our concerns right now. I've been focusing my marketing efforts on information, rather than generating sales. We did have generalized business cards to go in the product boxes, but they had the old shop number on them. Some day we will get some current ones made again.

Yeah, I may just end up deleting that sentence. There are just so many emails asking me if it is a few weeks or a few years. I had thought that would help with that, but it has created a whole other beast. The problem is that "production typically takes 3-6 months". The GSO-5.1 took a little longer because it was the first run going through the new way of doing things. Machines had to be setup, new forms made, new programming, new standards. There was also a delay on the new heat treat, so we could be sure we were getting a consistent result. Future runs shouldn't take as long. But if one run does hit a snag, the runs behind it will also be delayed.

Yeah, I may just end up deleting that sentence. There are just so many emails asking me if it is a few weeks or a few years. I had thought that would help with that, but it has created a whole other beast. The problem is that "production typically takes 3-6 months". The GSO-5.1 took a little longer because it was the first run going through the new way of doing things. Machines had to be setup, new forms made, new programming, new standards. There was also a delay on the new heat treat, so we could be sure we were getting a consistent result. Future runs shouldn't take as long. But if one run does hit a snag, the runs behind it will also be delayed.

I totally get it and I had a feeling that a lot of it had to do with the first run. I just remember things were looking good before Christmas then there was calamity after calamity. Oh man... I can imagine there isn't a true win-win for you. If you don't give an idea of time then endless questions start up, but if you do give an estimate then people get bent out of shape if you're a day late.

On the production page maybe you could put the word "typically" in bold and red as in "production typically takes 3-6 months". I hadn't noticed that little word before... sorry :( ... but you could keep a general time frame and still have an "out" if delays pop up. I wish I had something more helpful to say!

I prefer something along the lines of "our goal is to complete each model run within six months of beginning production".
Pair that with the appropriate disclaimers about how goals aren't promises and provide the link to the production schedule updates.
The problem with the word "typically" is that you have a new production process and you have not established what a typical model run is going to look like.

Good post Fancier :thumbup:

Building on that, 'goal' has a positive connotation, whereas 'typically' (at least in my world where nothing seems to go as planned) leaves me with a less secure feeling, just by the difference in wording.

I'm working on the SURVIVE! website today so I have two requests:

1: Please let me know if you know if any typos.

2: What stands out as an obvious difference between the old and new spec knives? I am working on listing out the differences for the supplies page but I don't want it to be too wordy. What really stands out the most for each of you?

Not sure if it's helpful to know or not, but I've noticed that when I'm logged into the site, I'll get unlogged in after a few days, not a big deal. When this happens anything I had in my cart goes away.

Again, just sharing this observation incase it is helpful to know!

Not sure if it's helpful to know or not, but I've noticed that when I'm logged into the site, I'll get unlogged in after a few days, not a big deal. When this happens anything I had in my cart goes away.

Again, just sharing this observation incase it is helpful to know!

if it lets you add it to your cart, you should buy buy buy!!!

Have you tried adding to wishlist instead?

if it lets you add it to your cart, you should buy buy buy!!!

Have you tried adding to wishlist instead?

Ha! You're a wise man :D

All I want is a patch, but I'm trying to wait to add it to a knife order. I haven't tried the wishlist for a patch.

Another thing I noticed (when adding a 12 to my wishlist) is that the wishlist doesn't show knife options like handle or sheath preference.

These definitely are not complaints or concerns, just observations on how these parts of the site work.

Back