WEeeee!!

Looks like a pretty impressive display of machining capabilities. Like "hey, check out what we can make".

But just because you can make something, that doesn't mean that you should.

Certainly a polarizing knife, but it should be appreciated for what it is: An exercise of manufacturing capabilities, and a publicity stunt. Both of which are critical for a new company trying to build a reputation. And while We Knives has been doing OEM work for 10 years now, the in-house offerings are only 2 years old.

Without any argument, this knife is similar in design (incredibly complex) and purpose (publicity), to the CKF Decepticon and the ZT 0999. Price point needs to be considered though, $350 for the Eschaton vs $750+ for the other two models.

While it may not look like it, the design is very ergonomic in hand, and the compound ground blade is made with relatively thin blade stock as well as being pretty thin behind the edge. Cuts just fine, slicing might be a different story depending on what material you are slicing; but that argument can be made against any knife with a cutout or fuller in the blade.

If you don't like the knife or design, that's fine, but it's accomplishing the aforementioned goals with great success.

Honestly it looks like the ZT 0999’s younger meth addicted brother.

ZT_0999_1.jpg

Practicality is an important part of my evaluation of a knife. Appearance also counts.
Two fails.

Luxury paperweight/fidgeting gadget/adult regressive toy to me.
But to each their own!
That fits my take on that knife. That would be about the last place I'd drop $350 and it would just sit in a drawer unused. But as said, to each their own.

No practicality at all; looks like it was designed by Brous on angel dust....

I've pre-ordered one. Sometimes, ya just gotta lighten up and have some fun with this stuff. After close to forty years of knife collecting, I have enough utilitarian users to last several lifetimes. I mean, how many essentially redundant tools does anyone really need? I think the Eschaton is a ballsy design and manufacturing statement. They knew full well that this thing would be polarizing. Hell, the fact that it offends the more conservative knife nuts around here is just the icing on the titanium.

I've pre-ordered one. Sometimes, ya just gotta lighten up and have some fun with this stuff. After close to forty years of knife collecting, I have enough utilitarian users to last several lifetimes. I mean, how many essentially redundant tools does anyone really need? I think the Eschaton is a ballsy design and manufacturing statement. They knew full well that this thing would be polarizing. Hell, the fact that it offends the more conservative knife nuts around here is just the icing on the titanium.

You’re at the stage where you just wanna get something strange huh?

It’s like the Chinese crested dog, I think they are ugly, but I am still glad when they go to a good home to be loved.
e1e64f07744a585cfb7fb4a84636bf62.jpg

Back