Weight of knives, Zt, Benchmade, Spyderco, Hogue, Reate, CRKT, Kershaw, Cold Steel

Sillyship

Gold Member
I was curious so I weighed some of my knives and put these photos together. Measurements are in Ounces.

f5175a3e-e7da-450c-82c6-97668d2c8fad_zpswq1tisqc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
34eca3c5-37ef-4fbb-bea6-1e276a68ee34_zps16erpxyr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20151220_160949_zpsno6iwtll.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And I almost forgot this one because it was in my back pocket, haven't had much use with it yet, but I like it.
34ab8317-3206-46ae-b0af-da1c4902133c_zpsn8cb47zb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
That is 1 HELLUVA collection my friend!!!
Thanks, it's ok. You'll notice that there aren't many expensive high end knives like CRK, Strider, Hinderer etc. I just haven't bought anything like that yet, but one day. But that's not what this post was about, it's about the weight of the knives I rotate in my EDC, so, users.

Thanks, it's ok. You'll notice that there aren't many expensive high end knives like CRK, Strider, Hinderer etc. I just haven't bought anything like that yet, but one day. But that's not what this post was about, it's about the weight of the knives I rotate in my EDC, so, users.

Is that a legit custom Matrix or a Kevin John? Also, love the Juma scales on the Venom and 0560BW

Is that a legit custom Matrix or a Kevin John? Also, love the Juma scales on the Venom and 0560BW
The matrix is a Kevin John. I didn't even know it was a matrix when I bought it on ebay, I just thought it looked nice and had goldfish. I keep aquariums pretty seriously, and I like the theme of fish. It had that squared off tip that those Matrix knives have but I had BLADESWELOVE grind it down. He was gonna anno it too but couldn't get it open. I hated that squared off tip and Steve did a great job reshaping it.

The Juma scales on both knives are from SUINGAB.
The XM18 looking thing is a fake, it's one of the first folding knives I bought and the only one that I still have from the first knives I bought. I don't buy fakes anymore, but I don't regret buying that one because it just helped me to know how much I love that design. One day I will own a real XM18.

This is a little photo that shows what I prefer carrying, my so called favorites. There are three levels, the one's furthest from the bottom are the ones I prefer over the others. ONE KNIFE IS MISSING, it's my Sukhoi 2.0 and it is one of my top two favs to carry, it and the Reate Valkyrie 2. Although, all those one's at the top are pretty close to evenly esteemed by me.
20151220_185722_zpss2ogriyl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
I should also say that some of those knives on the bottom are sorta new to my rotation and I haven't had much time using them yet. The Brous T4 & Spyderco Navaja are days old. I instantly love the navaja, not sure how I feel about the T4, but I know that I'd be much happier with the ti & cf version of it.

I know what you mean about the Sukhoi!! I received one recently new from KC. Amazingly smooth and fast action! Love it, however mine came dull as a hammer!! Hardly any edge at all.
Sent it to Josh......it has an edge now!!!
What a gorgeous knife!
Joe
bdd14a1bd5db789d3765a8aeffb29e3c.jpg

Thanks for the info, kind of surprised that the 0801 weighs in a touch higher than the 0560bw.

The 0560 has all ti everything and a juma scale. That knife is actually really really light for it's size and one of my top favorites, a great knife.

The matrix is a Kevin John. I didn't even know it was a matrix when I bought it on ebay, I just thought it looked nice and had goldfish. I keep aquariums pretty seriously, and I like the theme of fish. It had that squared off tip that those Matrix knives have but I had BLADESWELOVE grind it down. He was gonna anno it too but couldn't get it open. I hated that squared off tip and Steve did a great job reshaping it.

The Juma scales on both knives are from SUINGAB.
The XM18 looking thing is a fake, it's one of the first folding knives I bought and the only one that I still have from the first knives I bought. I don't buy fakes anymore, but I don't regret buying that one because it just helped me to know how much I love that design. One day I will own a real XM18.

Hey, no judgement from me. I (knowingly) bought a clone DOC and realized I didn't even want the clone because of the same reason I didn't want the real deal - can't service it, can't get it serviced. I too bought a fake XM-18 (again, knowingly) and that was how I concluded that I was going to need an XM-24 if I was going to be happy with the cutting edge length... And $500 puts me so close to secondary market Rockstead territory that it's just not going to happen. A XM-24 Bowie just popped up for pretty much exactly how much I'm willing to pay for such a knife, in just the right configuration, and I took a long hard look at my new 0452CF and closed the browser window. It's just hard for me to drop that kinda cash on a knife that I can get the same materials, better flipping action, and faster / more guaranteed warranty service (RHK will close his doors before KAI will, is all I'm saying) for so much less. Also, our tastes in knives could totally hang out. Everything in the picture I omitted from the quoted post is something I either have owned, plan to own, or would enjoy owning.

(With the exception of the Valkyrie. It just doesn't do anything for me.)

Hinderers flip as well as anything else. Plus they open with thumb studs and even by a hard wrist flick. I just don't get why people complain so about them not flipping well when both my 18 and 24 are super easy and smooth. I have a lot of bearing folders and believe me, while the Hinderers have to be rolled out, once you get the hang of doing that instead of just pulling the tab. You won't miss the single way a bearing flipper can be opened. I like all of them though, but don't knock the Hinderers until you own one.

Tell me this 24 doesn't flip well, plus open 2 more ways. We made this video because a member here told me it was impossible, to design a knife that would open by, flipping, thumb studs and wrist flicking!

[video=youtube;1FqxxE5aVlY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FqxxE5aVlY[/video]

Last edited:
Hinderers flip as well as anything else. Plus they open with thumb studs and even by a hard wrist flick. I just don't get why people complain so about them not flipping well when both my 18 and 24 are super easy and smooth. I have a lot of bearing folders and believe me, while the Hinderers have to be rolled out, once you get the hang of doing that instead of just pulling the tab. You won't miss the single way a bearing flipper can be opened. I like all of them though, but don't knock the Hinderers until you own one.

Tell me this 24 doesn't flip well, plus open 2 more ways. We made this video because a member here told me it was impossible, to design a knife that would open by, flipping, thumb studs and wrist

All I can say is, smooooth.

I'd love to see some pics of your collection, just to compare. Anybody who wants to show off please do.
Hey, no judgement from me. I (knowingly) bought a clone DOC and realized I didn't even want the clone because of the same reason I didn't want the real deal - can't service it, can't get it serviced. I too bought a fake XM-18 (again, knowingly) and that was how I concluded that I was going to need an XM-24 if I was going to be happy with the cutting edge length... And $500 puts me so close to secondary market Rockstead territory that it's just not going to happen. A XM-24 Bowie just popped up for pretty much exactly how much I'm willing to pay for such a knife, in just the right configuration, and I took a long hard look at my new 0452CF and closed the browser window. It's just hard for me to drop that kinda cash on a knife that I can get the same materials, better flipping action, and faster / more guaranteed warranty service (RHK will close his doors before KAI will, is all I'm saying) for so much less. Also, our tastes in knives could totally hang out. Everything in the picture I omitted from the quoted post is something I either have owned, plan to own, or would enjoy owning.

(With the exception of the Valkyrie. It just doesn't do anything for me.)

Looks good! I think people don't show off collections enough. This isn't my whole collection, but a snapshot of some of my favorites. And cummupance I agree, u should take a collection pick.
4340ef9e1fb5624649f8d61b720b736e.jpg

Oh, you have that Schemp that I want and don't have yet. What is the one above it? I like that BM at top right, what's the name of that one? The two in the middle are cool, I have the spydie, but is that other one a Cold Steel. Do you have anything to say about them?
Looks good! I think people don't show off collections enough. This isn't my whole collection, but a snapshot of some of my favorites. And cummupance I agree, u should take a collection pick.
4340ef9e1fb5624649f8d61b720b736e.jpg

Back