Photos Welcome Home…the “Come to Papa” Thread

Sharp & Fiery

Leatherworks, Kydex/Holstex/Boltaron, Mods -Canada
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
This is the thread for those of us who have regretted the sale of a knife, and then managed to buy it back. Must not be a replacement, but the actual knife you sold and it came back home to you.

I sold my beloved Protech TR3 Integrity and regretted it almost immediately. I let the buyer know that if he ever wanted to sell, I would buy it. Wouldn’t you know, 3 years later he offered it back. He gave me one heck of a discount because of “lockstick.” Turned out he is an “over-oiler,” and after a good cleaning of the lockface, it has worked fine ever since. Best part about the whole story, he didn’t even use it!!

Welcome home…I missed you…
D7E0ADE5-F88D-46F3-B288-C208E10147EB.jpeg

Last edited:
I'll be interested in what people post up. I sold some knives and then bought new ones to replace them recently.

I told myself I will never sell a knife again though because I realized I purchased all those knives for a reason.

Some years ago, I sold (maybe traded, can’t remember exactly) my beloved Benchmade 710 to a work buddy who was wanting to get into the brand. I regretted that decision immediately, as I knew finding another at the time would be a costly pain. Fortunately for me, after about 6 months, he never warmed up to it and was eyeing something else, so he offered it back. Thankfully, he was gentle with it in that time. Needless to say, I seized that opportunity to reclaim Ol’ Trusty, and I will never let go of it again.

Probably.

8AE7E8A6-A12E-4D04-8591-710BE10171BA.jpeg

Cant say I’ve gotten the exact knives back but I sold a White River backpacker then realized how much it actually like it. Great ergonomics. I recent bought another one.

I could play if it was a flashlight or a watch but never been lucky enough to get back any of the knives I have sold and regretted,

Only knife I ever really regretted letting go was my GB2. And whatcha know, almost 3 years later I got it back too! Looks just as new as when I sold it!
0T09r5A.jpg

I have done it numerous times and unfortunately have sold again in most cases. The only one returned and still here is my Felhoelter Kwerk(sn52). Not huge regret for most, but I wish I had'nt resold my 1st Sebenza- small Classic MM Backwood with stonewashed blade, that I had them make-so if you are out there :)
I have also been able to reconnect a few with their knives. At least to me getting your old knife has more meaning than a replacement, but sometimes the replacement is the only option.

Last edited:
Hmm. I've sold a lot, regretted a few.

7 years ago I bought a Spyderco Southard on the exchange that had a custom lightning strike black and blue cf scale. I sold it 3 days later, don't remember why. I hemmed and hawed over giving it another try, and being discontinued made it difficult. Last year I saw one on the exchange with a custom red shredded cf scale and pounced. Absolutely love it.

So not buying it back technically, but close in that they both had custom scales.

The only other knife I truly regret selling is a Brian Tighe Tighe Rod small.

Back