Welcome! Questions, ideas...post them here.

WValtakis

Engraving, Ti anodizing, regrinds and mods
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hey Chip, would be interested in your thoughts on doing a CS Code 4...lot of virgin real estate.
Those are anodized aluminum, right? Cutting aluminum is no problem, but cutting through the hard anodizing can be risky in terms of flaking around the cut and damage to the finish during the process. I'd really only be comfortable engraving them if we stripped them first.

TRfromMT

Gold Member
That Hera you are working on has such a fantastic 3D depth to it.

I am wondering if you could do a set of clockwork gears, steampunk style, like the cover of a gearbox has been removed. Like you are looking into the inner workings.

WValtakis

I am wondering if you could do a set of clockwork gears, steampunk style, like the cover of a gearbox has been removed. Like you are looking into the inner workings.
I've actually sketched things like that a few times, just haven't found the right knife to put it on👍

WValtakis

I had this all ready for my LCC, but when I actually laid it out on the curved bolster it looked silly...cuz curved gears don't work🤪🤣
Screenshot_20211208-180216_Photos.jpg
Wound up going with a symmetrical version of the tri-weave pattern and some selective anodizing instead😎
Screenshot_20211208-180341_Photos.jpg