Well...It's Friday...

P,
Sorry to hear about the that sudden change. Remember that when one doors closes, another opens.

Ironic but I asked my VP and HR to RIF me in 2015. They declined and I am still here, still ready to go when they call.

Bill

Had to look up RIF. Sorry to hear that.

Don't feel bad, I had to phone a friend. But as long as you're admitting it, I will too. :D

I think I was softening my own blow, writing it that way.

Thanks, all. I'm on the verge of massive transition (house sale and move in the coming year, after 22 years-- the longest I've lived anywhere, and where my kids and I were all young together). It was becoming clear that, in contemplating the upcoming changes in my personal life and location, my current job wasn't one I could afford to rely on. Mismanagement had been mounting, personnel decisions making less sense weekly, the stress way out of proportion to the nature of the work and its compensation, etc.

It was so bad last week, I'd been counting my shekels and pondering what it would mean to resign just to regroup for my own Next Step, but determined to stick it out until I had solid prospects elsewhere. Y'know, grown-up thinking and all.

Then, my company suddenly pared the decision tree for me(!).

It's a shock, and I'm scared, but I will find my way forward.

Anyway, Happy Friday! Stunning knives out there for the sharking, as usual. :)

I regret the reasons for my Friday at home, but intend to make the most of it. :D

~ P.

I think I was softening my own blow, writing it that way.

Thanks, all. I'm on the verge of massive transition (house sale and move in the coming year, after 22 years-- the longest I've lived anywhere, and where my kids and I were all young together). It was becoming clear that, in contemplating the upcoming changes in my personal life and location, my current job wasn't one I could afford to rely on. Mismanagement had been mounting, personnel decisions making less sense weekly, the stress way out of proportion to the nature of the work and its compensation, etc.

It was so bad last week, I'd been counting my shekels and pondering what it would mean to resign just to regroup for my own Next Step, but determined to stick it out until I had solid prospects elsewhere. Y'know, grown-up thinking and all.

Then, my company suddenly pared the decision tree for me(!).

It's a shock, and I'm scared, but I will find my way forward.

Anyway, Happy Friday! Stunning knives out there for the sharking, as usual. :)

I regret the reasons for my Friday at home, but intend to make the most of it. :D

~ P.
Good luck deciding your new direction and on the journey there.

Happy Friday everyone! Its snowing hard here so I have a day off. I'm hoping one of the knives I've been watching for is offered today!

Happy Friday everyone! Its snowing hard here so I have a day off. I'm hoping one of the knives I've been watching for is offered today!
Good luck snagging the one you want! :thumbsup: Thankfully, no snow days around these parts because I’d have to work regardless. :rolleyes:

Sorry P. Sounds like you have some plans ahead of you. Some challenging I suppose. Wishing you the best and keep us updated. We like to know how our pertinux pertinux is doing.

Let’s celebrate our Friday in the meantime. HAPPY FRIDAY ALL!!!

Thanks! I just had a phone interview in the wake of which I am triple-guessing my every answer. I tend to get too specific in all the wrong places. So it feels. :(

BUT: here's hoping-- there's a chance at something I might truly enjoy(!).

~ P.

Back