Well its time to start thinking about knife storage. Sigh

I don't have anything on display, most are in the closet. Check your local sporting goods store, even Walmart, in the fishing department. There are a lot of flat clear snap storage boxes for fishing gear, lures, worms, etc. Find one with compartments the size that you need. I have a couple that work well for folding knives and small fixed blades.

My wife allowed me to pick up an old stand up jewelry box. I took out all the dividers and relined it with white felt. I put all the knives in little zipper cases with plastic tags on the zippers with what’s inside. I’m still working on getting the cases all here and done though (need more small and a bunch of medium sized ones still, maybe I’ll count today ans get those ordered). Plenty room and easy to find what I want, and they don’t bang against each other.

I’m just gonna toss this into the mix for kicks, since I don’t know if we’re talking about fixed blades, folders, larger knives etc....or what your budget is; and because I’m not sure how much longer they’ll be available.

It’s a bit pricey for the quality (I’d love to find something similar in a nice wood) but I find it works perfectly for me. I’m showing about 34 knives, but there’s 4-5 more underneath the top shelf holding 7. Granted, I prefer smaller folders and a few of my fixed blades won’t fit, but overall I’m very happy with the product.

Not sure if I can “drop” the name of the vendor here, but they shouldn’t be hard to find.

Again, a bit overpriced...particularly since my set-up is two pieces (valet plus one drawer), but I do like that I can expand with additional drawers. I’ve seen a few folks even add LED strips inside for a little more “Umph!”

Best of all, my wife doesn’t even notice it on the dresser anymore.....and she definitely doesn’t notice when new additions pop up, lol.

AE3PzF0.jpg
T1FWoyu.jpg

I has one of these as well. Maybe a bit overpriced, but at the same time nothing quite like it out there. I like that it locks, keeps the little ones out.

Back