Off Topic Western Fans on The Porch

Actually, I think 1857 is the year for the .22 short from Danial Smith and Horace Wesson. The patent was actually held by a man named Rollin White, who let Smith and Wesson use it in the S&W number 1 revolver, the first revolver using the self contained metallic cartridge. Rollin White died a wealthy man from the royalties from S&W, as they sold a heck a lot of those little .22 revolvers. In that same year, Christian Sharps patented his 4 barrel .22 short derringer. That was a big seller as well.
you right. I dislike brain typos/brain butt burps...

Good for you, and those coasters are darn cool.
I've never seen or heard of the series Yellowstone , but I don't pay for any premium TV channels or streaming services where I assume the show airs.
The Longmire series is based on the books by Craig Johnson. I've read them all, and they're fantastic!

The Longmire series is based on the books by Craig Johnson. I've read them all, and they're fantastic!

The books were actually better than the tv show. The literary Walt had a good sense of humor, and the show isn't have Dog. Dog was a great addition. And they had to tame down Vic's character for tv. The literary Vic was a real salty customer.:eek:

The books were actually better than the tv show. The literary Walt had a good sense of humor, and the show isn't have Dog. Dog was a great addition. And they had to tame down Vic's character for tv. The literary Vic was a real salty customer.:eek:
Agreed, But I LOVE that Henry uses NO contractions in either the books or TV series...

I could happily read a post a week about your adventures and use of traditional knives Dave - some of the most enjoyable content on this forum. And you make some amazing knives! This is one of my all time faves.

qnHtjxR.jpg

Back