Wharncliff blades, why?

OK, I have my opinion on wharncliff blades. Tell me how you see them, purpose? size? straight edge or curve?

I love them. More of a sheepsfoot/wharncliff hybrid. I love Santoku. Ill email you a picture of a maker I'm working with. What he makes and what I'm looking for. You might love or hate his work and my idea. Thanks

I love them. More of a sheepsfoot/wharncliff hybrid. I love Santoku. Ill email you a picture of a maker I'm working with. What he makes and what I'm looking for. You might love or hate his work and my idea. Thanks

Few designs that I hate. Santoku's are great knives. I like the slight belly for larger blades, it greatly increases it's versatility. On a smaller blade the slight belly can give you a very versatile do all blade, skinning, draw cuts, rocking, with still enough tip for fine cuts.

I look forward to seeing what you have working. Thanks!

DSCN1081_zps00ebf22a.jpg
I have always been a big fan of Wharncliffe blades and this is no exception, awesome!
I would love to know more.

Well, this one is 7.75" overall with a 4" blade. The steel is .150" with g-10 scales. I believe I mentioned it is made from Elmax and it is the concept/prototype for a design I am calling the FireAnt. This will be available for sale in the near future, when I am finished with the design evaluation.

Back